Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Protected Connection?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2015, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
Protected Connection?

So I recently booked a UA ticket SIN-HKG connecting onto HX HKG-TPE, and the return as such. I booked through ZUJI here in Singapore and it was done in one transaction. Upon issuance of the e-ticket, it seems that ZUJI issued them as two separate tickets with UA only showing the UA segments, and HX showing only the HX segments. Although the booking reference does show the HX flights on the UA website.

My question: If the HX flights are delayed, will I be protected onto the next flight HKG-SIN?

(Not sure if it will make a difference, but I booked it from ZUJI using the promotional G fare SGD279 SIN-HKG, ZUJI issued it as L Fare, as they issued the ticket one day after the sale ended, but I was still charged the original quote).
Old Jul 1, 2015, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
It's not unusual for the reservations to only show the segments operated by each carrier. Look at the actual ticket (on the Saudia website or similar) to see if they're on a single ticket. If they're on a single ticket you're "protected" for the connections.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DreamHigh
So I recently booked a UA ticket SIN-HKG connecting onto HX HKG-TPE, and the return as such. I booked through ZUJI here in Singapore and it was done in one transaction. Upon issuance of the e-ticket, it seems that ZUJI issued them as two separate tickets with UA only showing the UA segments, and HX showing only the HX segments. Although the booking reference does show the HX flights on the UA website.

My question: If the HX flights are delayed, will I be protected onto the next flight HKG-SIN?

(Not sure if it will make a difference, but I booked it from ZUJI using the promotional G fare SGD279 SIN-HKG, ZUJI issued it as L Fare, as they issued the ticket one day after the sale ended, but I was still charged the original quote).
If you pull up the ticket on .bomb or Saudia website, does it have the HX flight?
Old Jul 1, 2015, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
.bomb does have the HX segments, but I have 2 eticket numbers.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Does UA.sux have the HX segments on the reservation(/itinerary) or the ticket(/receipt)?
Old Jul 1, 2015, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

website has HX segments on the reservation itinerary, not the e-ticket itself.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
So the e-ticket really has only only the UA flights? Yet they are on the res? Very odd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.