Wiki Posts
Search

award ticket: change or book new

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2015, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton Honors Diamond; SPG Platinum
award ticket: change or book new

i currently have a one-way from SFO-NRT (with the original intention of changing the ticket to ultimately tack on NRT-BKK and then back home to SFO).

when playing around online to change the itinerary to add the TYO-BKK leg, i'm given only options that have stops in Hong Kong, Singapore, etc.

however, when i play around with booking anew, or just looking at TYO-BKK one-way, i'm seeing tons of nonstops.

anyone know why this is the case? my guess is it's a website "feature."

and if i call it in, will they be able to book me on the nonstops?

thanks all!
Old Jun 24, 2015, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
The website is broken and they're not fixing it.

Call it in.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 5:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by expo
i currently have a one-way from SFO-NRT (with the original intention of changing the ticket to ultimately tack on NRT-BKK and then back home to SFO).

when playing around online to change the itinerary to add the TYO-BKK leg, i'm given only options that have stops in Hong Kong, Singapore, etc.

however, when i play around with booking anew, or just looking at TYO-BKK one-way, i'm seeing tons of nonstops.

anyone know why this is the case? my guess is it's a website "feature."

and if i call it in, will they be able to book me on the nonstops?
The online "change" function doesn't work well at all.

You can call and just add the NRT-BKK segment that you want.

If the agent has difficulty, HUACA.

btw, for NRT-BKK, I strongly recommend the TG 380
Old Jun 24, 2015, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee

btw, for NRT-BKK, I strongly recommend the TG 380
ohhhh, that would be sweet. our intent is to connect off to Koh Samui that same day so we're going to have to settle for the morning flights out of Haneda or Narita.

any rec's re: TG vs ANA otherwise?
Old Jun 24, 2015, 5:17 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Any TG option will be better than the regional J NH typically flies on that route.

For TG flights 380>787>747/330
Old Jun 24, 2015, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
Any TG option will be better than the regional J NH typically flies on that route.

For TG flights 380>787>747/330
and where does TG 777 fall into that? seems like that's probably the plane we'll be on (as of now, way ahead in May)
Old Jun 24, 2015, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by expo
and where does TG 777 fall into that? seems like that's probably the plane we'll be on (as of now, way ahead in May)
Depends. If it's the 772/773 it's basically the same as the 744/330. If it's the 77W, that's roughly equivalent to the 380.

TG is notorious for switching aircraft without notice. They call it "getting TG'ed."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.