Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When do PQMs "count"?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2015, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Dis, IHG Gold.
When do PQMs "count"?

Hello; I have a possibly not quick question that I couldn't find in search (maybe wrong keywords), and which UA is being contradictory on.

Do mileage plus PQM count for status on the day of the flight, or when they are posted to ones account?

In my case, I have some year end flying to do, but I will have already reached UA gold, and further flying won't "rollover" or further raise my status. As far as I know, UA counts calendar year for premier qualifying- but what if I fly in Dec, no mileage plus number, nothing, and put in a mileage request in say Feb? Will that count for 2016 quals, or 2017?

Or is it better to try and delay my meetings and cite the holiday season?
Old Jun 21, 2015, 9:26 am
sb3

Programs: UA-1K
PQMs count in the year you earn them. If you fly in December, they count toward 2016 qualification, even if you ask for credit in February 2016.

PQMs are earned on a calendar year basis.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 10:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by JShLin
It's probably better to be honest with your clients/boss and not be ruled by your quest for MP status.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 10:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Do mileage plus PQM count for status on the day of the flight, or when they are posted to ones account?
Based on date of departure.

Old Jun 21, 2015, 10:45 am

Programs: UA 1K

From a PQM standpoint it is better to delay the meetings and you will get those miles for the next year. Its your judgement call on the ethics of it. I don't think this is the forum for that aspect of it.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
...Or is it better to try and delay my meetings and cite the holiday season?
So the value of the meetings this year is less than the value of you getting status in 2017? Sounds like your value of your presence at these meetings is debatable. PQMs are earned and posted relative to flight date.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Dis, IHG Gold.
Sorry for not being clear regarding the meeting: Given that I'm co-owner of the company I work for (Ie I am the boss and deal with my own scheduling [6 months out is a little early and nothing is firm yet. They just asked me if I was available then] and budget), and given its a vendor requested visit, I think I'm in the clear regarding when I go -ethically and from a business standpoint. I didn't really want to go right before Christmas, and was curious. Admittedly, my last sentence could have been phrased much better.

But thanks for the info!

So the value of the meetings this year is less than the value of you getting status in 2017? your value of your presence at these meetings is debatable
Its your judgement call on the ethics of it. I don't think this is the forum for that aspect of it.
It's probably better to be honest with your clients/boss and not be ruled by your quest for MP status.

Last edited by JShLin; Jun 21, 2015 at 12:28 pm Reason: Further clarification & detail

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.