Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

I can't tell time? TSA Random Audit? No! It's United's Flyer-Friendly Service!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I can't tell time? TSA Random Audit? No! It's United's Flyer-Friendly Service!

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2015, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by channa
Their mentality to customers is that each all is a liability
The whole point of self-loading cargo is that it should take care of itself, with no employee intervention required.
Old May 16, 2015, 12:07 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by sogboulder
The whole point of self-loading cargo is that it should take care of itself, with no employee intervention required.
That's crazy talk, I tell ya!
Old May 16, 2015, 12:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Great writing style and truly funny. Thanks for the laugh today.
Old May 29, 2015, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Brilliant post that highlights the two rules of call centre life:-

1 - As an employee, if someone asks you something that's outside your capability to answer, just make something up.

2 - As a customer if you don't get the answer you want, hang up and call again.
Old May 29, 2015, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
An excellent read.

Originally Posted by pinks
I really hope they sell the UA nonsense Cards Against Humanity expansion pack soon!
Those will be in the next set of business class amenity tins. Collect the whole series!
Old May 29, 2015, 6:47 am

Programs: UA nada, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Gold
Hilarious post. Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by tcp1
Feeling the light of Smisek shining on me, I decided to keep my faith and HUACA, hoping for a Change I Would Like (TM). Before I did, I repented for my over-entitledness and burned a drink ticket over a copy of Rhapsody as an offering to His Jeffness.
I feel like we need an animated .gif representing this moment.

Get on that, Internet.
Old May 29, 2015, 8:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by SeaRaptor
Hilarious post. Thanks for sharing.

I feel like we need an animated .gif representing this moment.

Get on that, Internet.
hahaha I second this post.

to the OP. thanks hahaha this was hilarious and I actually may have laughed out loud at my desk once or twice (particularly at this thought).

Really goes to show. if at first you don't succeed. hang up and call back. ugh.
Old May 29, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Cards Against Humanity: Flyertalk Edition. Brilliant!
Old Jun 21, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: ua Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Gold, National Executive, Avis First
I got good enjoyment out of this thread when it was posted. Now, it has happened to me. Not able to check-in online, on the automated phone system, or with a phone agent.

First agent just said go to the airport (like the message said) and then I remembered this thread. I knew I would have a hard time telling the agent to try to "refresh" the reservation, since I could give no details on what that really means, but figured I would try anyway and call in again.

The agent tried to check me in, and of course got the same issue. Like the OP, she said "since it happens only at the very end of the check in process, that means our process works, and this is a TSA thing". I, sensing some doozies coming said (very politely) "So what will happen at the airport?" Wouldn't the same thing happen? The TSA won't be there to give me my boarding pass? Here response was "Oh yes, that's what they do at the airport."

Again, very politely I said, "I'm sorry, but the TSA will not be involved in actually giving me my boarding pass. I have no idea what involvement their systems have, but whether I get the boarding pass from you, online, at the United Kiosk, or at the United checkin-desk, there will be no TSA employees involved, correct? Isn't there something you can do on your end to try to refresh this of fix this?"

Her only answer was "All is fine our end. It will be ok when you are at the airport".

To the agents credit, she was very polite the whole time as well. But I think she was frustrated that I doubted her reasoning, as I was hers. Like the OP, I'm a Global Entry/Precheck person. I understand that guarantees nothing with their hope of "randomness", but I'm not sure what the TSA would do to prevent me from getting a boarding pass. Without that, I'll never make it to the TSA.
So, now I need to add a good bit of time in my day tomorrow morning to stand in line at the airport counter to get my boarding pass. Presumably from a TSA agent in a United uniform.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by eng3
I'm still wondering what "refreshed my reservation" means
Could this be the classic "out of sync" issue?
Old Jun 21, 2015, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I got a great laugh out of this, OP. You are a tremendous writer -- ever consider blogging?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.