Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa "myoffer" on 016 tickets

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Premier Gold, *G

I have an upcoming IAH-NCE trip in early May. Because of wonderful government nonsense, I am required to book through a US carrier, but the flights can be on LH metal. LH's new premium economy looks like a reasonable compromise between the ridiculous copays and miles needed to upgrade to J and standard Y. Per another thread, it appears that United makes it difficult-to-impossible to book these seats but LH has another option: a silent auction called "MyOffer" where you can bid on the Y-to-Y+ upgrade. Does anyone know whether you can do this on United-issued (016) tickets?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
The codeshare may make this an issue.

Call the *A desk (as you would for LH GPUs) and convert the UA number to the LH number - and then this might work.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 3:15 pm

Programs: Catered by me instead of FBO (semi retired)

a colleague did this MUC to SFO yesterday logged in with LH ticket locater although airport was 319 euros for .
Old Mar 5, 2015, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by aacharya
Call the *A desk (as you would for LH GPUs) and convert the UA number to the LH number - and then this might work.
If you're on government fares they won't do this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.