Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Empty F seats even with CPU [2015 forward]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Empty F seats even with CPU [2015 forward]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat
Originally Posted by stromile
my 1/1/2019 P fare flight IAD-MCI on a CRJ 700, .
As someone based in MCI, I can say from experience that it's not totally abnormal to find a flight where you and maybe one or two others are the only premier members, especially very early in the morning or late in the evening, and if you're traveling on a holiday. The day or a couple days after a holiday may be a different story, but I flew DEN-ORD-MCI as a silver on New Years Day last year and got upgraded on both flights. Also flew this year the day after Thanksgiving (not a popular travel day since most folks will stay where they're at for part of the weekend at least) and again was upgraded as a gold. Also throughout the year, I often was upgraded on MCI-DEN, MCI-ORD, and the return legs - as silver until October. MCI is not UA elite-heavy.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Even a few days around the holidays elite traffic is extremely light by comparison. They pulled some 3-class 772s into service on domestic routes for the Christmas week and I was seeing a typical 3-day load of E- full, E+ with fewer than 10 seats assigned, and 20+ blocked in the premium cabin. Many of them went out with op-ups.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Last Wednesday (1-23) UA545 DEN-IAH went out with an empty FC seat and 26 people on the upgrade list. Aargh.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by Bonehead
Last Wednesday (1-23) UA545 DEN-IAH went out with an empty FC seat and 26 people on the upgrade list. Aargh.
Maybe a broken seat? Seen it happen before.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jjmoore
Maybe a broken seat? Seen it happen before.
Doubtful. It was right next to me, looked normal, and was assigned to someone who no-showed (FC was reported full to 20, all seats assigned, and 19 checked in). 737-900.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
03/05/19
UA1139
EWR-IAD
A320

one F seat empty even with flight showing full - but plane is hardly full as well

David

Last edited by DELee; Mar 5, 2019 at 10:23 pm Reason: stupid auto correct
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Don't you just love responses that don't mean anything?
“We recognize customers have a choice” says it al to me.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 5:30 am

SFO to DFW yesterday delayed E175 went out 9 of 12 with 10+ on upgrade list. Someone brought it to the attention of the FA after the door closed. The FA looked at the her printed manifest list and saw 8 or so 1Ks and went down the aisle asking if they want to go forward . Traveling with a family member so declined.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by myperks
SFO to DFW yesterday delayed E175 went out 9 of 12 with 10+ on upgrade list. Someone brought it to the attention of the FA after the door closed. The FA looked at the her printed manifest list and saw 8 or so 1Ks and went down the aisle asking if they want to go forward . Traveling with a family member so declined.
Laaaaaaazy gate agents. Seen this before. Regardless of what the FA's did on-board, this warrants a complaint.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:22 am

Laaaaaaazy gate agents. Seen this before. Regardless of what the FA's did on-board, this warrants a complaint.
cant complain because although I was one of the 8 or so 1Ks, I was not one of the first 3
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Saw the opposite of this on a 739 last week where after ~2 hours of delays more than 1/2 of the F cabin had jumped ship. Right before the door closed the GA came onboard and paged a full roster to "please move to the front cabin" and handed new BPs out. While I was a little disappointed that I didn't keep the empty seat next to me, thought the GA handled it very well ^^
Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA-Platinum , Marriott- Lifetime Gold
My wife and I were scheduled on Flt.1715 from EWR to RSW on March 10 in coach . Flight was delayed because of mechanical problems and were told to take a later flight, No. 1857 . At the gate for 1857 I asked about first class since numerous seats were open and was told that first class was not possible and that she could not put passengers on the upgrade list . At that time there were no passengers on the upgrade list . After boarding I checked the mobile app and names started popping up on the upgrade list . Just before the door was closed all names on the upgrade list cleared into first . To make matters worse, they only assigned 17 of the 20 seats . 3 seats went out empty .
Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by rcodey
My wife and I were scheduled on Flt.1715 from EWR to RSW on March 10 in coach . Flight was delayed because of mechanical problems and were told to take a later flight, No. 1857 . At the gate for 1857 I asked about first class since numerous seats were open and was told that first class was not possible and that she could not put passengers on the upgrade list . At that time there were no passengers on the upgrade list . After boarding I checked the mobile app and names started popping up on the upgrade list . Just before the door was closed all names on the upgrade list cleared into first . To make matters worse, they only assigned 17 of the 20 seats . 3 seats went out empty .
If the entire upgrade list cleared and Y was not oversold, this would be fine. If anyone was left on the upgrade list, it would be an issue.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If the entire upgrade list cleared and Y was not oversold, this would be fine. If anyone was left on the upgrade list, it would be an issue.
Well, except that it appears that OP has status and wasn't allowed to be added to the list.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 4:17 pm
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
I had my first-ever live experience with the subject of the thread on MCI > DEN last Monday. It was a 737 and it went out with 4 open seats in F (one of them next to me) and at least 3 crew in F as well (they had IDs). I was the only GS to board (surprise!) and both people listed on the upgrade list cleared, though I don't know how that works now with elites that may have cleared in the days leading-up to it.

Last edited by LIH; Mar 11, 2019 at 4:19 pm Reason: punched it up a little

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.