Wiki Posts
Search

A favor to ask of a Silver Premium

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2015, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Cathy Pacific Silver, Hilton Honors Gold, Hertz Five Star
A favor to ask of a Silver Premium

I am interested in 2 business class award tickets from PHX to AMS (to attend the USA / Netherlands friendly soccer match with my son). Depart 6/4, return 6/7. There is no saver availability. I am Silver with US and could do a status match with US. I believe Silver premium have access to more saver award availability.

Before I go through that process, I was wondering if a silver preferred could have a look for me and let me know if anything is available to you?

Thanks!
Old Feb 5, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by boilerhoops10
I am interested in 2 business class award tickets from PHX to AMS (to attend the USA / Netherlands friendly soccer match with my son). Depart 6/4, return 6/7. There is no saver availability. I am Silver with US and could do a status match with US. I believe Silver premium have access to more saver award availability.

Before I go through that process, I was wondering if a silver preferred could have a look for me and let me know if anything is available to you?

Thanks!
You are trying to seek availability in the middle of peak travel season to Europe. Even as a 1K, there is no saver availability visible to me.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 11:07 am

Thanks!
I'm (UA Plat) seeing nothing but standard awards for the whole month of June.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 11:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear

Thanks!
No saver award availability in J at all on either route, even to a Gold. Sorry!

(There's saver Y on the way back on the 7th through IAH.)
Old Feb 5, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold

Thanks!
I'm Silver Premier. Only thing showing for me is one seat in Biz F July 20 for the outbound, so I know that will not work for you
Old Feb 5, 2015, 11:29 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
I see no savers in June as well - even in July only savor economy at this point.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 11:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
For business class, enhanced availability - to the extent it exists - is available only to Premier Platinum, 1K, and GS.

Europe in June is a tough order. To have any chance of finding saver award space, you want to check availability daily.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 12:30 pm

Thanks!
A PHX departure? US? Silver preferred?
Are you sure you didn't mean to post this to the US Airways forum?
US Airways and United are no longer partners.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 12:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Kingston
A PHX departure? US? Silver preferred?
Are you sure you didn't mean to post this to the US Airways forum?
US Airways and United are no longer partners.
OP is silver with both UA and US.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Then why does he need a UA Silver to search for him?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
OP is silver US and stated he would status match to US (but obviously meant UA) to get access to enhanced elite availability for awards if something were open. I think this isn't a feasible idea to begin with, but i digress.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 1:35 pm

silvers don't see expanded J saver awards-I believe only plats and above will
Old Feb 5, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA G 1.9MM, HH Diamond, Global Entry
As a 1K I don't see any Saver J for two travelers PHX to AMS, FRA, BRU or CDG. Also the Saver Y is very limited. Bad time of year to try. As mentioned, UA Silver or Gold does not have access to expanded Saver in premium cabins.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: TK*G
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Originally Posted by Bonehead
Then why does he need a UA Silver to search for him?
I think OP is inquiring to see if it would be worth matching his US Silver to UA Silver if the ticket is available to UA Silvers. Not sure if it would be worth using his or her match on, given that a status match is only allowed once every 5 years or something like that.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 3:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by State of Trance
I think OP is inquiring to see if it would be worth matching his US Silver to UA Silver if the ticket is available to UA Silvers.
It's not. For about the fourth time in this thread, there is no expanded saver business availability for silvers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.