Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Club Discussion of Changes, News, Features, etc. [2015 & onward]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2015, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Print Wikipost

United Club Discussion of Changes, News, Features, etc. [2015 & onward]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2015, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by flylocal
I heard some bad rumors, that there is no free beer anymore at the SFO United Club. Can somebody confirm that?
I feel very safe saying: no, that is not right.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton: Diamond;Kimpton: ?? ; Omni: Black; Avis: First; Hertz: Five Star
I heard some bad rumors, that there is no free beer anymore at the SFO United Club. Can somebody confirm that?
I can confirm that beer is still free, as it has been for a while. This post that I am responded to convinced me to actually just get a domestic, free beer just to confirm it. I am drinking it now. I did tip the bartender a dollar though.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 5:37 pm

As far as SFO Clubs go, I would gladly trade the free MGD for $3 bottle of Anchor Steam...
Old Feb 9, 2015, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
I took the Chase Club card in late August with a free year.

Not a chance I'm renewing. in 5 months, I am so siiiiiick of the same snacks in every club - carrots and dip, the same dreadful quality plastic cheese and crackers. Its' all the same cheap, unhealthy garbage in every club. No roatation, nothing that I can see.

The cheapest bagels known to mankind at breakfast. It's all awful. I can't see one reason anybody would pay for this nonsense.

Maybe I'm alone, but never again.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by JerseyCityS
I took the Chase Club card in late August with a free year.

Not a chance I'm renewing. in 5 months, I am so siiiiiick of the same snacks in every club - carrots and dip, the same dreadful quality plastic cheese and crackers. Its' all the same cheap, unhealthy garbage in every club. No roatation, nothing that I can see.

The cheapest bagels known to mankind at breakfast. It's all awful. I can't see one reason anybody would pay for this nonsense.

Maybe I'm alone, but never again.
Snacks are not the point, and the bagels are more than you get in the AA lounges.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 6:30 pm

Programs: United 1K, American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
Snacks are not the point, and the bagels are more than you get in the AA lounges.
I agree, you don't go to the United Club for the snacks. You go for the free WiFi, ample electric outlets. So you don't look like a crazy person out at the gates fighting for the few power outlets. Or sitting on the floor next to your mobile chargers, in the crowded hallways in-between gates. At UC, you can get a coffee or a tea, and sit in a nice easy chair, with your own power outlet. Surf the web on your phone or tablet. Watch the time fly by.

If you miss your connection, while all the other people are scurrying frantically to the gate agent or Customer Service where the lines are long, you go the UC agents and have them help you out with your re-routing, less (or no) waiting in lines. Save a lot of time.

At least for me, UC helps me kill time so it passes quickly during long layovers. Conversely UC can save me precious time by providing low-contention agents to help me out in an IRROPS situation.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 6:01 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Originally Posted by JerseyCityS
Its' all the same cheap, unhealthy garbage in every club.

The cheapest bagels known to mankind at breakfast. It's all awful
I'm afraid things have just got even worse.

The bagels in the ORD club have now been replaced by bagel sticks!

They're dreadful revolting things.

And you can't even use them in the toasted because they're so long they end up getting stuck.

A new low for the offerings.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 11:46 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Since I thought there was some uncertainty based on outsourcing, was nice to see this at ATL this morning:

Old Jun 26, 2015, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Have either of the clubs in EWR Terminal C been upgraded or are the "food" offerings still just cheese and crackers and some fruit?
Old Jun 26, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Have either of the clubs in EWR Terminal C been upgraded or are the "food" offerings still just cheese and crackers and some fruit?
They are "upgraded".
Old Jun 26, 2015, 9:13 am

Thanks. I'm afraid to ask what the "upgrade" is...
Old Jun 26, 2015, 11:54 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Thanks. I'm afraid to ask what the "upgrade" is...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...re-2015-a.html
Old Jun 27, 2015, 6:41 am

Thanks.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Bellows gin ( not McCormick's) at Minneapolis United Club today

Though I like Gin and Tonic's, I usually refrain from getting them at the UC's since the comp. ones are McCormicks. Tonight I had one and they poured Bellows gin. I was excited that maybe it was better. Not so...it was equally nasty. I looked it up and it appears to be even cheaper than McCormick's. I wonder if Bellows gin will be showing up everywhere at UC's now? Perhaps McCormick's has been moved up to top shelf.

Last edited by geo979; Aug 16, 2015 at 5:43 pm
Old Aug 16, 2015, 5:53 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by geo979
Though I like Gin and Tonic's, I usually refrain from getting them at the UC's since the comp. ones are McCormicks. Tonight I had one and they poured Bellows gin. I was excited that maybe it was better. Not so...it was equally nasty. I looked it up and it appears to be even cheaper than McCormick's. I wonder if Bellows gin will be showing up everywhere at UC's now? Perhaps McCormick's has been moved up to top shelf.
I love gin, and have tried dozens and dozens over the years, and I've never even heard of either of those. Plastic bottles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.