Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Twitter Feed

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2015, 8:59 pm

I did.
I totally get it was a scam number, but here's the thing; They never asked for money or any of my info, all they asked for was for me to remove my tweet. If they had asked for anything I too would have assumed it was a scammer, but maybe they were just trying to scrub the web of bad PR...no idea why.This was several such calls that day and the next day from them.
They had nothing to gain, they asked for nothing else.
Very weird

Edit to add: No, I do not believe it was a call from United, I just don't get why anyone else would call begging and pleading, then threatening me about a tweet?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 9:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Again I ask: why would UA bother? Your tweet was hardly a bombshell - poor service at EWR? It would be more surprising if there were GOOD service at EWR.

I think you were probably the victim of scammers, but you didn't play into whatever their game was. Good on ya', mate!
Old Jun 17, 2015, 9:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by wmweeza
I did.
I totally get it was a scam number, but here's the thing; They never asked for money or any of my info, all they asked for was for me to remove my tweet. If they had asked for anything I too would have assumed it was a scammer, but maybe they were just trying to scrub the web of bad PR...no idea why.This was several such calls that day and the next day from them.
They had nothing to gain, they asked for nothing else.
Very weird

Edit to add: No, I do not believe it was a call from United, I just don't get why anyone else would call begging and pleading, then threatening me about a tweet?
They offered you money and would have needed your bank info. That was their hook. You didn't bite.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 9:14 pm

It was all very weird. I gave them none of my info. They only tried to bribe me toward then end of the call and in a subsequent call.
I think I angered them by laughing at them.
I still though find it odd that United never responded to my E-mail or direct message on twitter asking for clarification? At the very least they needed to know someone was out there doing this in their name
Old Jun 17, 2015, 9:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by wmweeza
It was all very weird. I gave them none of my info. They only tried to bribe me toward then end of the call and in a subsequent call.
I think I angered them by laughing at them
Good! They sound like laughable scum.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 10:33 pm

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
Originally Posted by jgreen1024
Business communication should not be limited to 140 characters. I hope Twitter dies a quick death soon.
Twitter's not going anywhere. It's here to stay. Better get used to it.

Originally Posted by bmr12
but I'd have to say in the past year I've gotten by far the best and fastest customer support from the social media/Twitter team than any other part of UA.
I've generally found this to be true, not just for UA, but for pretty much every company I deal with. The one exception is Bank of America, their customer service Twitter handle is useless.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 5:58 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by LETTERBOY
Twitter's not going anywhere. It's here to stay. Better get used to it.

I've generally found this to be true, not just for UA, but for pretty much every company I deal with. The one exception is Bank of America, their customer service Twitter handle is useless.
Its hear to stay for 5% of the population at the gate, according to PANYNY survey. Its for the skateboarding crowd, not serious business except for entertainment circles.

The fact that the poster below actually thought the call came from UA shows why real businesses limit the use of twitter..to play up to those who think you have to have a twitter presence.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 6:29 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
Its hear to stay for 5% of the population at the gate, according to PANYNY survey. Its for the skateboarding crowd, not serious business except for entertainment circles.

The fact that the poster below actually thought the call came from UA shows why real businesses limit the use of twitter..to play up to those who think you have to have a twitter presence.
So doing rough numbers of total passengers that is still 6 million people who have used twitter at the gate. Again, that is only the people who are specifically using Twitter while at the gate traveling only from NYC airports.
Twitter has 232 million "active" users...that's over 3% of the worlds population being active on Twitter.
A fad for skateboarders?
Old Jun 18, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
I've never read the twitter feed, but before my company ponied up the fee for my club membership I spend plenty of time seated right next to the customer service counter at SFO enjoying the people who threatened to sue, demanded a flight "right now," and other assorted entertainment.

It's probably not too flattering to me to admit I enjoyed the show. Lots of respect for the agents who kept their cool - I know I couldn't do that job.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA1K
i love @united. i had a flight delayed to DEN a few weeks back. i tweeted to them asking about being switched to WN. they said they couldn't, asked for a DM with my flight info. they called me a few minutes later asking if i could switch to a DL flight that was boarding right now. i was still at work and couldn't do it, but was amazed at how quickly they got back to me. so 2 thumbs up for them.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 1:06 pm

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
Not that it helps you at all but for comparison sake ... I tweeted last week about delays on WN. Within an hour I was contacted by WN. Within a day I had 2 x $100 vouchers in my email. @flyerfocus.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA 1k, US Airways Silver, SPG PLT, Marriot Gold, Hertz PC
@united has been hit or miss for me.

If you guys want real entertainment, check out @unitedairlanes and @untitledairlanes. These are "fan" handles that regular customers sometimes accidentally tweet to with complaints. Their responses are hilarious
Old Jun 18, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by teeceedee
@united has been hit or miss for me.

If you guys want real entertainment, check out @unitedairlanes and @untitledairlanes. These are "fan" handles that regular customers sometimes accidentally tweet to with complaints. Their responses are hilarious
Looks like those are now moribund.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 3:57 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by teeceedee
@fakeunitedjeff is another one that's good for a chuckle.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 5:32 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Does UA no longer do twitter support? I tried tweeting/DMing them a few times but got no response... Their tweet feed also seem to be mostly news-based.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.