Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how many RPUs for becoming Premier Plat?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2015, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
how many RPUs for becoming Premier Plat?

I previously dropped from Plat to Gold but requalified for Plat at beginning of Dec 2014. After I requalified for Plat, UA deposited two RPUs into my MP account.

I thought that I would be Plat for the year in which I qualified plus the following calendar year. In my case, this would mean Plat status for 2014 and 2015. Accordingly, I thought that I would receive 2 RPUs for 2014 and an additional 2 RPUs for 2015.

Should I receive 2 RPUs for 2015? MP service center says they have not yet deposited RPUs for 2015. I am trying to plan out my travels. Thank you!
Old Jan 10, 2015, 6:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
If the ones you got expire in January 2016, they should be the only ones you'll get. They don't do the January deposits like they used to - you get them deposited as you earn them and they're good until the the same time the status expires.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Totoro
I previously dropped from Plat to Gold but requalified for Plat at beginning of Dec 2014. After I requalified for Plat, UA deposited two RPUs into my MP account.

I thought that I would be Plat for the year in which I qualified plus the following calendar year. In my case, this would mean Plat status for 2014 and 2015. Accordingly, I thought that I would receive 2 RPUs for 2014 and an additional 2 RPUs for 2015.

Should I receive 2 RPUs for 2015? MP service center says they have not yet deposited RPUs for 2015. I am trying to plan out my travels. Thank you!
No - you get two, it's irrelevant when you cross the threshold.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
I spoke to an experienced agent to refund co-pay upgrade that didn't clear, and she provided the same information. Given UA's track record in disseminating inaccurate or incorrect information, I thought I'd ask those here who know better!

So I understand that I will receive another pair of RPUs when I cross the 75,000 mile threshold this year and requalify for 2016 Plat. Thanks for sharing your knowledge!
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Totoro
So I understand that I will receive another pair of RPUs when I cross the 75,000 mile threshold this year and requalify for 2016 Plat.
Correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.