Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most friendly UA Club?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, UA Silver, AA Gold
ORD's C club rocks. I have had exception help and service from a lot of employees there.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, National Exec
Another vote for MSP ^. They've gotten me out of a few jams over the years.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by RNE
The San Diego hub is a test hive used under a subspace agreement between United Continental Holdings and Pan-Galactic Cybernetics (PGC), a formerly Andromeda-based consortium branching out into Nealium (what we call the Milky Way Galaxy). This agreement was inked last summer, much to the consternation of Delta Airlines because they had been negotiating with Pan-Galactic for almost 8 yarons. Now, Delta is pursuing an agreement with Centauri Singularity Systems. I predict that will fall apart and Delta will be stuck with the moribund Yttrium Werks. Ha! Good luck to them.

Anyway, as we all know, almost all of United's "employees" are cyborgs, with a few android overseers. The agents in the "clubs" (a.k.a. hives) are the most sophisticated cybernetic entities any ordinary passenger is likely to encounter. And work is constantly underway to improve their programming. The Holy Grail has long been the ability to program realistic human socializing subroutines in cyborgs. Harder yet, United requires specially-enhanced algorithms in three key personality components: deceit, hypocrisy and guile. The fact you were not able to detect these cyborgs' duplicitous nature is a testament to the excellent design work done by the team of three-brained, Alexian cyber engineers cloned at PGC's parent company: Amazon.com
Thanks for the LOL.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TPJ
LAS!

HKG folks (now outsourced) are quite nice...
Not in my experience in LAS!
Old Jan 3, 2015, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
HNL is terrible, which is so sad because it is in complete contrast to the HNL call center.
I agree that the HNL call center is the one to use. However, I can't fathom how someone could think the UA lounge personnel are terrible. You must have had a bad experience...
Old Jan 3, 2015, 6:32 pm

I really like SEA !!!
Old Jan 3, 2015, 8:08 pm

Programs: Platinum
Originally Posted by 747FC
I agree that the HNL call center is the one to use. However, I can't fathom how someone could think the UA lounge personnel are terrible. You must have had a bad experience...
I encountered one person in particular at the HNL UC who doesn't have the "aloha" spirit.

I've had wonderful experiences in PDX, and had great help with IRROPS at SFO (which has been quite a lot the last few years)
Old Jan 3, 2015, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
CLE by a mile.

Is Anne (?) still in SYD?
Old Jan 3, 2015, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 747FC
I have had repeated mediocre experiences. They are nice enough to scan your BP, but forget any help from them in terms of irr/ops or re-booking. Terrible and apathetic.

And the whole ex-Con staff at HNL is just terrible at the gates - still have the "can't help" mentality. Ugh.

Originally Posted by WIRunner
CLE by a mile.

Is Anne (?) still in SYD?
Annie. Believe she is still there.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
HKG after the turkey
Originally Posted by TPJ
HKG folks (now outsourced) are quite nice...
HKG RCC had been outsourced for a few years now, and some of the outsourced people are absolutely clueless about lounge access rules and what are the star alliance partners.

I had once denied access to the IFL while flying LX F out of HKG.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 6:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bldr1k
In general I've found the smaller United Clubs the most friendly (SNA, AUS, MSP, etc.).

The larger ones like Chicago, Denver and Washington are never as helpful (although SFO is an exception).
While I agree that the smaller clubs are generally better than the larger clubs, I have encountered pockets of brilliance at DEN and IAD.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 6:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by transportprof
Is this Bloody Mary made with the industrial grade ethanol that United Clubs now use for the house pour? Or do you specify a particular alternative?
It's the industrial grade and I find he makes it tasty enough for it not to matter.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 7:08 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Another vote for the UC at JFK. They are consistently pleasant and helpful. Hopefully it becomes more than a P.S. station in the near future.

SunLover
Old Jan 4, 2015, 8:05 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
NRT has friendly and extremely helpful agents. The agents in the Global First lounge are extremely helpful - always go above and beyond.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 11:35 am

Programs: UA -GS 4.5 MM, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Diamond
DCA for sure. They even know many customers by name. My hub is EWR - three clubs, lots of staff - hard to get to know any of them. In generally the smaller clubs are more friendly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.