Wiki Posts
Search

Ewr - venice - advance seat selection

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2014, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
Ewr - venice - advance seat selection

So i am working on booking a flight from EWR to venice. What im noticing is that many of the airlines that fly into venice do not allow advanced seat selection. I searched and found that LH is really a pain with this.

Any tips on booking this route but being allowed to select seats on that second leg? the other airlines i have checked that are showing up are Air Dolomiti, brussels and SWISS and all are showing the same issue.

Thanks.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:27 pm

try a higher fare. European airlines flying intra-EU flights usually don't allow seat selection on their cheaper fares. I think for LH is V or higher to be able to choose a seat.
BTW, even if you buy a higher fare you will not be able to reserve the seat thru UA. once booked, you'll get the other airlines' reservation code which you can use to select a seat on the airline's website (assuming your booking code permits it).

Last edited by IAD1k; Dec 18, 2014 at 8:30 pm Reason: + info
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by IAD1k
try a higher fare. European airlines flying intra-EU flights usually don't allow seat selection on their cheaper fares.
IME, fare doesn't matter - many EU carriers don't allow advance seat selection on intra-EU flights, period. Doesn't matter what fare class. LH is (or at least was...always possible things have changed) one of those carriers. SEN/HON may be able to, but not even sure about that, and certainly doesn't apply to *G, at least not for me last Sept.

For LH - You'll only be able to get a seat at check in for these shorter flights - doesn't matter who tickets it.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 7:01 am
Original Poster

I actually noticed that LH website if i book the flights through there allows me to select a seat for a charge. Also considering flying to mxp and driving to venice as its cheaper, a nonstop and on UA metal.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by njxbean
I actually noticed that LH website if i book the flights through there allows me to select a seat for a charge. Also considering flying to mxp and driving to venice as its cheaper, a nonstop and on UA metal.
When's the trip? UA has EWR-VCE coming in summer.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by channa
When's the trip? UA has EWR-VCE coming in summer.
Trip is in March.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.