Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Airlines, That's American for Inconsistency ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Remember that ad which said, "Fosters, that's Australian for Beer". Well UA should try, "United Airlines, that's American for Inconsistent"!

I did a lot of flying on UA 1999-2014 (first half) then none at all for the second half of 2014 except for a lot with UA over the last two weeks (about 50K miles).

I've noticed in the last month the inconsistency of United has gotten extreme.

Of course I'm referring to the service, but other things as well are extremely inconsistent.

Sometimes with R9 GPUs would not clear and empty J seats were seen, other times they cleared 72 hours out.
Sometimes my gifted award ticket receivers didn't receive: i) priority baggage tags, ii) lounge access, iii) access to priority lanes etc.
Sometimes the 787s were clean, other times quite dirty
Sometimes the meals were edible other times not.

Say what you want about United's hard, soft, service products but there was at least a bit of consistency to them. Now its a crap shoot and its really hard to do business with and be loyal to an entity when you don't know what your being loyal to!

Based on any one day, United can be comparable to a cheap fly-by-night EU operation or to a legacy middle east carrier.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Consistently inconsistent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.