Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Confused on award mileage -- pricing is OW, not RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2014, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United

Hi All,

Today I transferred a ton of miles from Sapphire to my MP account for the hopes of booking award tickets I found on my Ipad United App. I pulled up HNL-DEN for 20,000 miles in Business/22,500 from DEN-LGA in economy/45,000 from LGA to HNL via IAD in Business.

When I tried to book I got an error message saying I didnt have enough Miles. After spending an hour on the phone with United they said all of those itineraries were pulling up for double of what I am seeing.

Any advice on how to fix?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 13, 2014 at 11:04 pm Reason: updated title to reflect misunderstanding
Old Dec 13, 2014, 6:05 pm

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
These look like 1-way prices.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
These look like 1-way prices.
Yes - when you search on the mobile app it shows the one way cost for each segment - that's not the total cost in miles - just of that segment...
Old Dec 13, 2014, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Yes - when you search on the mobile app it shows the one way cost for each segment - that's not the total cost in miles - just of that segment...
Semantics I know, but depending on where you are going from and to, it could be segments (like on LGA-HNL, but those are shown together) but you are correct - on the app it only shows the costs by segments, and totals it up once you've selected all flights.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 6:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
That's the same as will show on united.com - awards seats are always displayed at the one-way price.

No false information here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.