Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the best way to recognize / comment on an employee / crew?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 24, 2018, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Let the employee know at the time of interaction
Contact United via
-- united.com/feedback, one of the options is compliment.
-- email [email protected]
-- for elites, use your elite email contract point (on the back of your physical or virtual card)
-- DM on Twitter, FaceBook, ... avoid the very public channels if you are going to provide names or other personal details (yours or the employee)
-- write an actual letter and sent to United Airlines, Inc,.Oscar Munoz, 233 S. Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60606, United States or [email protected]
Include
  • Date, time and location (phone, airport, flight number & cabin, ....
  • Any identifying info you may have about the employee; Name (even partial), their work location, basic physical description, any title, if they used one, ....
  • A brief description of why you feel this deserves special mention -- best not to go into too much detail if the employee might have violated UA policy but rather how the action made a difference to you. Made you feel appreciated, got you to your destination despite an issue, ..... How it impacted you is more import than what was actually done.
  • Mention if this changed your opinion of UA
  • Your name. other contact info and elite status, if any
Print Wikipost

What's the best way to recognize / comment on an employee / crew?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2013, 9:43 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by halls120
Every time I see a GA get abused by a DYKWIA, I make sure to get their information and pass it on to management and compliment their professionalism in the face of adversity.
+1000

^^^^^^
Old Dec 23, 2013, 9:51 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
The Gate agents are the unsung heroes in this biz. We tend to forget about them once we are on the plane but they really make the difference getting us on our way. I go out of my way to make sure I recognize them.
Originally Posted by halls120
Every time I see a GA get abused by a DYKWIA, I make sure to get their information and pass it on to management and compliment their professionalism in the face of adversity.
+1000

^^^^^^
Irritating the gate agents is akin to p*ssing off the cook at Denny's, don't forget you're eating what s/he is preparing... Your travel life is under the GA's complete control. Just remember the Seinfeld episode when Elaine argued with the TA...
Old Dec 23, 2013, 10:12 am

Programs: United 1k
Originally Posted by blueman2
I just write an email to 1Kvoice or GS (when I was GS). I know from one of the FAs I wrote a nice note for that they do work. I saw her about 3 months later on another flight and she had somehow put together that it as me who wrote the note. She made a big deal of it, saying 'role letters' (her term) not only impact her job review but most importantly it makes her feel good.

To the post above, I did recall her first name, but probably just giving a description and cabin s/he was working in will be enough to get the letter to the right person.
I send emails to GS Customer Service as well; I have also emailed Martin Hand a couple of times and he responded to all of them, assuring me the employee would be acknowledged.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 10:15 am
In memoriam

Originally Posted by MK19791980
I send emails to GS Customer Service as well; I have also emailed Martin Hand a couple of times and he responded to all of them, assuring me the employee would be acknowledged.
Has the new Martin Hand been identified yet? Be interesting to see how proactive he is with groups like FT.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 10:27 am

Programs: United 1k
Originally Posted by danville 1K
Has the new Martin Hand been identified yet? Be interesting to see how proactive he is with groups like FT.
I haven't heard of a replacement at this time, Martin Hand doesn't leave until the end of the year so I am sure we'll get some information soon.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 10:32 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I typically will always send a tweet to @united along the lines of "Please thank Marianne & crew for great job in BF cabin today TXL-EWR"
Old Dec 23, 2013, 10:40 am
In memoriam

Originally Posted by MK19791980
I haven't heard of a replacement at this time, Martin Hand doesn't leave until the end of the year so I am sure we'll get some information soon.
I was of the impression Martin Hand departed the building the same day the announcement was made.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 11:06 am

The best way is often simply to say, "thank you" in a tone that expresses that it is a genuine and not automatic thanks. As much as people want their employers to know their worth and compensate for it, often no money can compare to knowing that one is actually helping another human.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 11:32 am

Oh boy.... This is one positive threat that I haven't seen for a long time. Thank you all for taking the time to recognize a good employee. Trust me, sometime just a short thank you note passing to the working crew from a napkin would be well received and appreciated. Happy travel.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
The Gate agents are the unsung heroes in this biz. We tend to forget about them once we are on the plane but they really make the difference getting us on our way. I go out of my way to make sure I recognize them.
It just took one GA for me to stop flying UA, they are the unsung hero's, but there always seems to be animosity between GA's and FA's...
Old Dec 28, 2013, 11:12 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I'd have to say you can do a lot of inflight thanking/appreciation simply by body language and demeanor.
Imagine if the FA just deal with douchenozzle in 5C and then comes to you in 6B with a nice smile and enthusiasm for being on the plane/traveling. In the same way a bad attitude is contagious so is a friendly one and can snowball from there.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 12:08 pm

Thank you all for the great input. I will use a number of different methods for recognition here on out (Twitter and e-mails).
Old Jan 3, 2014, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by danville 1K
I was of the impression Martin Hand departed the building the same day the announcement was made.
He did not. He departed at the end f the year.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 8:48 am

Programs: Continental
employee recognition

What is the best way to let united know about a good employee?
Is there an email address for this?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by hockey7711
What is the best way to let united know about a good employee?
Is there an email address for this?
You can fill in the contact form on united.com and select "Compliment" as topic.

I did it recently, and received a nice email back from Customer Service thanking me for that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.