Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

RUMOR-"Busted?": Free alcohol returns to TPAC on Jan 1, 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RUMOR-"Busted?": Free alcohol returns to TPAC on Jan 1, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2015, 10:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dvs7310
C was booked at about 70%, so that may make up the difference, only 4 of those appeared to be upgraders based on the upgrade status before the flight (those also could have been C to F, it's not clear from that screen).
The list only shows pax who upgraded after checking in. The whole J cabin could be on upgrades and you wouldn't know.

My flight Sunday night is booked only 29/40 in BF, 2/8 in GF and E+ is virtually empty.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
The list only shows pax who upgraded after checking in. The whole J cabin could be on upgrades and you wouldn't know.

My flight Sunday night is booked only 29/40 in BF, 2/8 in GF and E+ is virtually empty.
...for now. Wait for the gate agents to scrub the flight and those E pax that found the E seat map filled and didn't want to pay for E+ will fill up the E+ section.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 6:53 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Shareholder
AA does it for all its ExecPlats in the back on all flights.
*1* drink, regardless the length of flight, as the FA reminded me.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 7:23 pm

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
Maybe the free drinks will be part of the enhancements that are to be announced later for international economy meals. Cautiously optimistic here! I wouldn't not fly an airline simply because they don't offer complimentary alcohol, however, I feel that by not offering it, they are sending a message that they are not concerned with either being competitive with other carriers, or about providing anything beyong the bare minimum in terms of customer service.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 3:49 am

Programs: 3.2MM AA, 1.4MM UA,StwdLftPlt
Originally Posted by Chiro1979
Maybe the free drinks will be part of the enhancements that are to be announced later for international economy meals. Cautiously optimistic here! I wouldn't not fly an airline simply because they don't offer complimentary alcohol, however, I feel that by not offering it, they are sending a message that they are not concerned with either being competitive with other carriers, or about providing anything beyong the bare minimum in terms of customer service.
Whether intentional or not, that is exactly the message that United Airlines is conveying to its international economy customers. Travel with us, we aspire to the bare minimum of standards! Unfortunately, not very successful on the other aspect of traveling, either. Travel with us, we probably will not get you there on time!
Old Jan 29, 2015, 7:19 am

Is alcohol free in Economy SFO-HKG

I thought it was, but it isn't clear on the United website....
Old Jan 29, 2015, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
You pay for drinks on United.

It's free on every other carrier that serves this route.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by PTahCha
*1* drink, regardless the length of flight, as the FA reminded me.
I've had a few FA's recently tell me (on TPAC) that i shouldn't worry about the 2nd or 6th.

Originally Posted by tzly6p
Is alcohol still free on this route?
Not on UA.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Supposedly a revamp of international economy class dining is coming at some point this year. If UA were going to move back to free booze in Y, I guess that might be a natural time to do it.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: 3.2MM AA, 1.4MM UA,StwdLftPlt
Originally Posted by channa
You pay for drinks on United.

It's free on every other carrier that serves this route.
Can that observation be extended to a broader generalization? "All transpac carriers from Asiana to Thai, except for United/Greyhound, serve free alcohol in economy." I don't have a clear understanding of mainland Chinese airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.