Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated BRU connection time/logistics/lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
related thread
AMS or BRU: which is easier connection

BRU is scheduled to get PreClearance for USA flights, implementation date is unknown
Print Wikipost

Consolidated BRU connection time/logistics/lounges

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2024, 8:51 am

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
Out of curiosity, does preclearance require additional time?
I may be flying this route soon, and prefer to hang out in the lounge as long as possible.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by dimramon
I may be flying this route soon, and prefer to hang out in the lounge as long as possible.
Don't bother. The non-Schengen contract lounge is not a relaxing place to hangout, as it is always crowded with the number of INTL flights departing in the morning, also due in part being a paid lounge.

Better peace and quite at the end of the terminal, also where UA gates are.
SPN Lifer and UA_Flyer like this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Preclearance is an extra step so does take extra time, but BRU is not a preclearance airport. What is the relevance of the question?
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:13 am

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by fumje
Preclearance is an extra step so does take extra time, but BRU is not a preclearance airport. What is the relevance of the question?
I had received an email from the Belgian embassy stating that preclearance had been implemented. I hope that makes the question relevant enough for your liking.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had received an email from the Belgian embassy stating that preclearance had been implemented. I hope that makes the question relevant enough for your liking.
It was an honest question about the relevance.

If preclearance is implemented now, then I was mistaken above.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Preclearance in this context is specific for US entry only. You have to build a special area within the airport to facilitate the process. This is not just hey, let's have some separate lane and some extra airport personnel.

Yes, there has been an agreement signed, but it takes a while to implement this. The actual implementation would be big news, but don't think anything has come about yet.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 2:53 am

Programs: United GS & 1MM, Delta Silver, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Thanks all for the tips. We got here a bit over 2 hours early on a Saturday morning (its about 25 mins from downtown) and breezed through bag drop with Global Service desk. Fast track security and customs was less then 5 mins combined, likely as its a Saturday before Easter.
free access to the Diamond lounge (which is fine , not special).
as an aside , Brussels was just ok, but Brugges and Ghent are must sees.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 9:53 am

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
This is what I saw as well some years back (September 2020), but obviously BRU preclearence has not been implemented yet.
https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/nationa...rance-facility

This article says it'll be implemented this year:
https://www.brusselstimes.com/233396...visitors-to-us
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.