Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Where is R (Confirmed Upgrade to Business/Domestic F Availability in 2014)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where is R (Confirmed Upgrade to Business/Domestic F Availability in 2014)?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2014, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K /2mm / Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hilton Diamond
With now 60 days of watching, no R>0 availability ever showed on any flight from any gateway outbound to HNL Wednesday through Sunday of next week. That's a first, and not a change I'm going to like.

I'm going to have some instruments expire, something else I don't really like.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 9:08 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I'd booked an itinerary that included LAX-HNL in mid-December and saw R0 for months after the booking. A few weeks back, I got my 2 RPUs for passing 75k and decided to waitlist the upgrade on this flight for Mrs. Transportprof and me.

R was 0 at the time I waitlisted, and within 24 hours, I got an email notice that my upgrades had gone through. This is a new experience for me. In the past, I had to call in for processing after R>0 appeared on .bomb and my upgrade was still pending, which is why I know that R never went above 0 the day that I got upgraded.

Perhaps UA is simply waiting until RPUs or GPUs are parked in upgrade waitlists before making space available?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 3:49 am

Programs: UA 1K /2mm / Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hilton Diamond
Flight day. 90 days of watching, no R>0 on any flight into HNL over the Thursday through Sat window. Only 2 people show as upgraded on my flight (and they appeared today meaning CPUs or GSs), but it doesn't look like typical HNL flights where the majority are. I did what the system wanted me to...Z class. Odd that in the end, UA likely allowed a couple of CPUs but no supported upgrades into HNL.

The cross country leg went from empty F to F0 with R always 0.

Last edited by cmculp; Oct 17, 2014 at 3:54 am Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.