Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Food at SFO International terminal (for United Traveler)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bear Backers

What gates does United use and whats the best food nearby.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
United is on the G side. Honestly the best food is outside of security - there's a large food court there. Never eaten inside security, but as I recall there are only a handful of restaurants.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:16 pm

Yes, very few places after security. Andale, a Mexican place is the biggest and best option in my mind. Other than that there is a small grab and go sandwich shop, and a tiny Japanese place but i have never eaten there.

The international terminal at SFO was opened up just before 9/11 and they designed it with most of the dining options in check-in area... not such good planning now..
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold
It is a less than 7 minute walk over to the domestic food court, where there are a number of good options. My last few domestic flights have left from the international terminal because of the gate construction, and I have gone to the domestic food court while leaving out of the G gates.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA-GS, Hyatt-Defiantly Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Originally Posted by PVDProf
It is a less than 7 minute walk over to the domestic food court, where there are a number of good options. My last few domestic flights have left from the international terminal because of the gate construction, and I have gone to the domestic food court while leaving out of the G gates.
Just in case OP isn't familiar with SFO, I'll just add that T3 and T-G are connected airside, and as PVDProf stated, about 7 mins (if you walk quickly). The food court is at the split in the middle of the concourse for gates 76-90.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
Sfo has very limited food options
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:10 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by jasonp622
If speaking about the options inside security in the UA portion of the International Terminal, I agree completely. However, as a hub, I'd rank the food options for UA travelers in general above IAD and LAX for sure.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 24, 2014 at 8:16 pm
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by USHPNWDLUA
Just in case OP isn't familiar with SFO, I'll just add that T3 and T-G are connected airside, and as PVDProf stated, about 7 mins (if you walk quickly). The food court is at the split in the middle of the concourse for gates 76-90.
And it's good ^

It does? I have never had a problem finding food in SFO.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
If you qualified that to say "Terminal 1 has limited food options", I would agree with you. But as others have pointed out, the E & F gates in T3 are connected to the G gates after security, and there are some great food options available to international pax with a little extra walking. And the options in T2 are actually some of the best I've seen in a domestic terminal.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA GS / MM
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
However, as a hub, I'd rank the food options for UA travelers in general above IAD and LAX for sure.
For UA travelers, I would rank SFO as having the best food among UA domestic hubs. IAH second, EWR is the worst. But food is so personal, so YMMV.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
There is a new terminal area in T-3 with some nice choices.
the little Japanese restaurant in G International if pretty good.

check out this website

http://www.flysfo.com/shop-dine-relax/dining

The G terminal is connected to Terminal 3 without needing to clear security again - as they mentioned above.
I am sure you will find something to your liking.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K

I sometimes eat at terminal 3 post-security. Fung Lum has pretty good Chinese food. I also like Boudin's soup in a bread bowl. There's Klein's deli near gate 83 and a few more options at the renovated E gates.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by RoadWeary
a tiny Japanese place but i have never eaten there.
Adding on, the Japanese place was horrible. I thought it'd be great because I saw a lot of it's people eating there ramen. Being from Houston, we don't have much options for Ramen, so I had high expectations

Turns out my mom makes better ramen!

Service was bad, seating was tight (reminds me of ANA's E- Seats Longhaul), food was bad.

The ramen was simply egg noodles which had no soup taste other than a clear bowl of water top with an egg, and some sides.

Sorry, but I have no clue on the rest other than saying NO to the japanese place.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 25, 2014 at 4:25 am Reason: "Jap" is an offensive term to many
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:31 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
There is halfway decent food at SFO, you just have to know where to go.

- Outside security in the international terminal there is decent sushi at Ebisu
- Yankee Pier, which is airside and not more than a 10-15 minute walk from any United gate, is good if you have the time and are willing to spend more than your average airport meal (okay, it's quite overpriced, but the fish is fresh)
- The food court in Terminal 3 that about 50% of flights use has a few options; Andale is not a bad choice for mexican if thats what you are after. The Dim Sum is semi-passable.
- Delicious organic frozen yogurt at Fraiche in Terminal 3.
- Klein's Deli is a new entry to both T3 and T3 South that I haven't tried but looks promising
- If you are just seeking a beer or wine, SF Uncork'd is a great option (Terminal 3)
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:37 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
On a flight delay not long ago, my wife and I ate at the Japanese place (I can't recall the name); it was basic food, but not all that bad. They have bento boxes, etc. It was, IMHO, a little expensive, but then again, it is SFO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.