Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Denver Roll Call?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:45 am

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
Missed this thread, another DENflyer by the name obviously. In years I have needed the segments I have flown out of the Springs. I used to live in Castle Pines, now Highlands Ranch, so its not much more a stretch to drive south. From my house to COS is only 1 hour, instead of 35 minutes. Fortunately, I have not needed the segments or miles in the last couple years, I have actually asked UAL in DEN to offer subscriber private parking or something like that, as I usually leave on Tuesday afternoons when everything is full.

Personally I have a love hate relationship with UAL. I hate them, but I love their award availability and direct flights to Hawaii and Mexico for Vacations. I love having the NRT route now which makes my one Asia trip per year much easier. I am sadly stuck on UAL for those reasons alone, but I make sure I never have too many miles in my account just in case they go belly up again.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum, Frontier, Delta, Hertz Gold, National Emerald Club
Another DEN flyer here. Almost exclusively UA. It's love-hate for me too, but UA does provide me the best option out of DEN over the competition. Some feedback:

-- I only once flew out of COS. That was for a mileage run. The ticket was half the price as the same destination out of DEN.
-- I fly to DC a lot, so the direct UA flight is a big deal to me.
-- One time I'll actively try to avoid UA is to ATL. That's all RJs now, and only a 1st class seat is acceptable. DL has 5 or 6 daily flights DEN-ATL, on 757s with wifi or similar equipment. It's just a better flight on DL, period.
-- I easily reach Platinum with my travel, and the +8 economy plus at booking benefit is huge for me. With all the biz travel I do, I want my family to be comfortable when we fly for vacations.
-- 1K is usually reachable for me with just biz travel, but 1 year did an MR to get there. GPUs are the huge benefit for me. I've had great success with them clearing, and BizFirst to me is MUCH MUCH better than intl econ. And I fly intl 3 or 4 times a year minimum. 767 greatly preferred over 777 because 777 3-class is VERY tight in BizFirst.
-- I can't stand ORD or EWR. They are always dirty and crowded. I feel like I'm de-evolving each time I connect through them. So I try hard to connect through IAH or IAD if a connection is needed.
-- I love UA's award availability. Just compare it to DL once, and you'll see why UA flyers have nothing to gripe about by comparison.
-- UA is so far behind in wifi.
-- Love the UA mobile app, which I can do a ton with, and find superior to DL's or AA's.

So it's UA for me for now. Concourse B almost exclusively. BTW . . . I like DEN as an airport. Clean, and easy to get from place to place. HATE the location . . . but who doesn't?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA: 1K SPG: Platinum Plus Hyatt: Diamond Hertz: PC National: EE
DEN based for me too, living in the suburbs South of Denver. 95% UA flyer, just based on network and destinations. Sometimes I fly AA if I'm making connections on UA already, some routes the AA itinerary just works better. I fly int'l a few times a year, but mostly a domestic 1K flyer.

40 minute drive to DIA, not bad, and never any traffic on E-470. COS would be 75 minutes and a crapshoot for traffic. I'm glad the airport has reserved parking now, bummer about the surcharge but it's not my money. With my CLEAR card and TSA Pre it's a breeze at security too.

Most of the recent changes to MP haven't affected me, or likely won't. PQD has been no issue with some of the sky high prices, already well over $10K. If this year's travel and prices are any indicator I'll get more award miles under the new scheme.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.