Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Any News if Marriott Gold Deal is Happening Again Next Year (2015)? {YES}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:26 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Hi All,

Any idea if the Marriott gold deal is happening again next year? By this I mean the deal where if you are UA Gold or better your get Marriott Gold status.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:57 am

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
With the amount that the @united twitter sends out promotional offers with hilton over the last 10 days or so, I"d be surprised if Marriott (like everyone else) would want anything to do with them. I never see any promo emails about marriott double triple point events.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by CO_Nonrev_elite
With the amount that the @united twitter sends out promotional offers with hilton over the last 10 days or so, I"d be surprised if Marriott (like everyone else) would want anything to do with them. I never see any promo emails about marriott double triple point events.

Most airlines are partners with most major hotel programs.

It's going to come down to money -- if UA/Marriott see mutual business gains as a result of this, they'll keep it up. They've already extended it once.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 11:26 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM
Originally Posted by inpd
Hi All,

Any idea if the Marriott gold deal is happening again next year? By this I mean the deal where if you are UA Gold or better your get Marriott Gold status.
I hope so. I spend about 100 nights a year in hotel rooms and anything I can do to make that easier is appreciated. Yeah, this deal means I probably booked into more Marriotts this year than I would have otherwise.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hans
Yeah, this deal means I probably booked into more Marriotts this year than I would have otherwise.
+1

Being given Gold status for no effort has made me move some of my business and personal travel over to Marriott just to take advantage of Concierge lounge access at full - service Marriotts. Definitely a positive for Marriott in this case.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
I've moved a ton over to Marriott. Probably 5k/year.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 12:40 pm
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Hi All,

Apparently so, at least for now:

From the FAQs:

"15. If I registered and was granted complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status through RewardsPlus and have re–qualified for MileagePlus Premier Gold® status or higher for the following year, will I need to also re–register my request for complimentary Gold Elite status for the following year?

No. Members who have already registered for and received complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status through RewardsPlus in a calendar year and who qualify for MileagePlus Premier Gold® status or higher for the following calendar year will have their previous registration with RewardsPlus automatically renewed and will receive complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status for the following calendar year."

There are no ending dates listed on the website, at this time.

https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com...s.html?lang=en

Last edited by mkr; Jul 23, 2014 at 12:31 am Reason: clarity
Old Jul 22, 2014, 1:30 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
THis deal made Marriott my preferred backup to *wood. I have utilized Marriott a lot mire this year because of this.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.1MM
Hi All,

Yes. Mine was renewed this year.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 1:55 pm

Programs: United 1K & 1MM, IHG Plat Elite, Hyatt Gold, Marriott GE, Hertz 5*, National Exec
I never use Marriott--too sparse for my use, but since getting the Gold deal, have begun to use them where I normally wouldn't. Kudos to them--hope they extend it.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:19 pm

agree would hope it is extended every year
Being gold and having access to lounge for breakfast makes Marriott very attractive to book often
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by Brucemcdou
+1

Being given Gold status for no effort has made me move some of my business and personal travel over to Marriott just to take advantage of Concierge lounge access at full - service Marriotts. Definitely a positive for Marriott in this case.
Same here, when given the option, I now almost always use Marriott...where I was a Starwood guy before.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA 1k, US Airways Silver, SPG PLT, Marriot Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Vulcan
THis deal made Marriott my preferred backup to *wood. I have utilized Marriott a lot mire this year because of this.
This. Having *wood PLT and UA Gold provides some nice coverage across Delta and Marriott for backups
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
Add me to the chorus who have given more business to Marriott due to RewardsPlus gold promotion. Thus far, I think it's been the only true "enhancement" that's been made to the MP program and is certainly a "change I like." ^
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:50 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by channa
If UA/Marriott see mutual business gains as a result of this, they'll keep it up.
Heck, they suckered me into booking with Marriott by dangling Gold Status in front of my face, and what has it gotten me? Bubkiss. Yet I go ahead and book the Marriott County Hall for beaucoup Pounds, instead of any number of nearby properties for less. The more they beat me, the more I love them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.