Wiki Posts
Search

LH Codeshare Seat Reservation

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
LH Codeshare Seat Reservation

I have a bussiness P-class ticket on LH with a UA flight#, booked on united.com. I did get a an LH confirmation#, but the LH web site would not let me select seats, it only displays a seat map with available seats.

Where do I call to get a seat reservation?

- Thore
Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:45 am

Programs: UA, LH, AS, AB
Good question. I bought a P fare ticket during the sale a few months ago, and the old system let me choose a seat. The new system does not. I don't think it has anything to do with the fare class.

I'd try calling Lufthansa. I guess you could try United but they may redirect you to Lufthansa.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:47 am

Programs: UA 1K
Phone the operating carrier -- in this case Lufthansa. A quick Web search for [lufthansa usa reservations] gives as the top search hit their Local Reservation Center page, http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/Lufth...rvation-Search , which will help you look up the relevant phone number for whatever country you're in. For USA it's +1-800-645-3880 .

If you're phone-phobic, you may find that the Lufthansa record locator also works on Thai Airways's Web site, which often seems to offer seat selection in cases where the LH site incorrectly omits a "choose" seats button. Even if there is no TG segment, TG will look up the Amadeus PNR happily and do routine stuff like seat assignment.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:00 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

This comes up about once a week. The condensed version is:
-You SHOULD be able to do advanced seat assignments.
-However, IT systems are f'ed up between LH and UA. Therefore, any of the following can happen:
  • it works on LH.com
  • it doesn't work on LH.com but works on another *A site like LOT or Thai
  • it doesn't work online at all, but the call center can help you
  • the call center helps you, but as you check in for your flight, your ASR has magically vanished
  • the call center says it cannot access your ticket
or, my personal favorite,
  • neither call center nor website provide ASR, and neither call center nor website let you check in at T-23, meaning you get your seat assignment when you physically show up at the airport.

After this last happened to me, I wrote letters of complaint to both UA and LH. UA spent two weeks and then gave me a generic 1/2 paragraph "we strive to be awesome, sorry your experience sucked" response. LH took 3 weeks with a slightly more earnest sounding email and the promise of sending 5,000 UA miles my way (which hasn't happened yet).

My advice: if you still need PQD, go for United metal on UA flights (unless you don't care about ASR, and in business that's somewhat less of an issue than in econ, especially on planes like the A380). Once you're past the PQD requirement or will be able to meet PQD without this particular flight this year, just book on LH.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.