Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Passenger's Twitter Rant About Experiences on UA 52 IAD-Zurich on 5 July 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2014, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s2cpbp

Sounds like another well handled IRROP

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 7, 2014 at 5:29 am Reason: retitled thread
Old Jul 6, 2014, 6:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
I dont care if half this story is true, it sounds like the author is a pompous arse.
tuolumne and FlyingNone like this.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by Cargojon
I dont care if half this story is true, it sounds like the author is a pompous arse.
+1 ^^^

I wish it was a little longer.
tuolumne likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 6:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Infinite1K

downgrade from a 764 to a 752 - no wonder there were so many happy passengers.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K
That's too bad for Prof. Fair. It sounds like she had a bunch of trouble with some folks onboard who, per her writeup, were a bit rude.

I think her schedule was — 1845–0805 IAD-ZRH; 0945–2140 ZRH-BOM.

Possibly in her case I would have asked the gate agent to VDB in exchange for rerouting on IAD-BRU-BOM, IAD-AMS-BOM, IAD-LHR-BOM, IAD-DXB-BOM, or IAD-FRA-BOM — some of that in J — with arrival time roughly the same.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL Plat, B6 Mosaic

I haven't clicked the link or read any further, but based on the date in the title....i'm assuming the plane went MX due to a busted flux capacitor?
Old Jul 6, 2014, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by CKinMD
I haven't clicked the link or read any further, but based on the date in the title....i'm assuming the plane went MX due to a busted flux capacitor?
Unclear if mx. For some reason the a/c was downgauged and a number of pax were VDB'd, possibly IDB'd (unclear from the story), and reaccommodated from E+ to E-. The flight took off late and landed late.

This traveler was worried about a tight connection at ZRH and disappointed that it took a long time to handle the downgauge and board the aircraft. This traveler was also disappointed to see uniformed UA staff in the E+ section when pax had been downgraded from E+ to E- (she saw E+ fee refunds happen). She says she expressed her disappointment onboard to her colleagues and was asked to stop talking by uniformed UA staff (perhaps nonrevs) sitting nearby; she says that those staff asked the pilot to remove her from the aircraft.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 6:25 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Wow - a lot in that extended tweet to digest. I guess this is what happens when you don't empower your employees. These types of problems occur often when there is bad morale at an airline and I think we're seeing that clearly now....
Old Jul 6, 2014, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Originally Posted by CKinMD
Old Jul 6, 2014, 6:27 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
She's going to be waiting a long time for Mr. Hand to respond to her, he's been gone for the better part of a year.
FlyingNone likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 6:28 pm

Holy crap....I sure hope that wasn't the message sent in. If it was, it shall qualify for a quick canned response. No way someone will read all that. I got a quarter way through and got bored. If I was UA, will just send 7,500 miles and call it case closed!
Old Jul 6, 2014, 6:32 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K, 1 Million Miler, AA ExPlat
Well written. Piled Higher and Deeper.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 6:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by dank0014
Holy crap....I sure hope that wasn't the message sent in. If it was, it shall qualify for a quick canned response. No way someone will read all that. I got a quarter way through and got bored. If I was UA, will just send 7,500 miles and call it case closed!
I tried to read the whole thing and still only made it about 2/3 of the way through it before I just lost it.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 6:45 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT

Summary: long time 1K, going IAD-BOM, major equipment downgage (764 to 757), 1K treated like crap, treated rudely, posts details to her 16K twitter followers, says will no longer fly UAL.

Just another day of losing lots of paying passengers on UAfkaCO.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 6:48 pm

In my experience in first-person accounts like that the author tends to understate their own level of aggression and to somewhat overstate the other side's level of aggression. As in "I calmly explained" and "they rudely interrupted" could actually for an uninvolved party sound about the same.

However even accounting for that it sounds like a plausible enough story. I've observed enough UA staff conduct recently to say that this is overall an unhappy, disgruntled bunch of employees with little enthusiasm for their company. When customer-facing people are unhappy with their jobs the customer gets to feel it. It's human nature.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.