Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Global Services wording disappearing from Group 1 Signs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Services wording disappearing from Group 1 Signs?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2014, 11:10 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
GS is being phased out. It was felt not to be cost-effective.
Its being replaced by Uber Global Haupt Services, or UGHS for short. Lufthansa insisted on the Haupt, naturlich.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 12:10 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by jgsx
This is so funny to watch. Throw out a sarcastic remark and it is taken as true!

-SFO is the easiest place to qualify for GS. Look how many there are there!
-The majority of GS members are from corporate contracts and those people are less valuable than the all mighty 1k
-GS is being phased out, UA finally realized that second tier 1K should be treated as top tier
In fact, as a very long term 1K who flies out of SFO, Global Services is one of the key reasons I will be leaving United shortly. Spending $20-$30K annually on myself and that much again on my wife and small kids, I'm still treated like a 2nd class customer. That doesn't work for me.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 11:34 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Marriott PP/LT Plat, Golden Circle Diamond
Originally Posted by porciuscato
In fact, as a very long term 1K who flies out of SFO, Global Services is one of the key reasons I will be leaving United shortly. Spending $20-$30K annually on myself and that much again on my wife and small kids, I'm still treated like a 2nd class customer. That doesn't work for me.
And what airline will work for you out of SFO?

Welcome to the US where our elected officials have set-up near monopolies at several airports for certain airlines.....
Old Jul 8, 2014, 5:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
Originally Posted by porciuscato
I'm not sure if you saw the sarcastic note in my message. SFO is not the easiest place to qualify for GS. Yes, there are a lot of GS at SFO, but that's because there are a lot of high revenue customers based in the Bay Area.

1K is second tier elite. UA treaties second tier elites very well, but not as good as their top tiers. Those that still think 1k is or should be treated like top tiers are exactly what over entitled elites are.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by jgsx
1K is second tier elite. UA treaties second tier elites very well, but not as good as their top tiers. Those that still think 1k is or should be treated like top tiers are exactly what over entitled elites are.
That's a pretty blanket statement though. A GS at MSP can be less than a 1K at SFO. The reality behind it is that UA needs to treat all of their committed and loyal customers with respect and value. It's not to say they should give the exact same benefits a GS deserves vs. a 1K.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 7:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by dank0014
How about a better idea, lets just remove the signs altogether. There is one perk when flying UA Express is no signs and no gate lice. The boarding process is so much smoother (yes, I know less people, but still).

UA could have saved thousands as part of the $2b strategy by not purchasing these signs in the first place to enable a broken process now.
Certainly would help UA's budget cut , but if that happens UA becomes a RyanAir.

No more MileagePlus
The customer is always wrong.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 1:03 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by username
Lighten up. I am not GS and I bow to let them pass me
As a humble 1K I get down on both knees to kiss their red Prada shoes hoping they will sprinkle my head with holy water and say a blessing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.