Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a UA 772 Hawaii Configuration

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2014, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
UA has re-labeled their site and this is now Version 3 -- only 2 left unconverted and should be gone by Summer 2017

United Old Domestic 777 layout ("Version (was 4) now 3")

United is currently in the process of converting these planes, as well as some other 777s, into a new "high density" 777 fleet for primarily domestic and North America routes, currently listed as "Version 4" or "Version 5" of the United website. Information about that configuration can be found in this thread:

Everything You to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 Ver 4&5 (28BF,102E+,234E-)
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a UA 772 Hawaii Configuration

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2014, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.7mm

Is there an actual bulkhead in front of row 16 or is it just open space.

Thanks

Last edited by J.Edward; Jun 30, 2014 at 6:29 am Reason: Improve thread title
Old Jun 29, 2014, 10:16 pm
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Originally Posted by kenziid3

Thanks
That looks like it is a 777-200. I have not flown on that flight, but the seating configuration on the UA website appears to show restroom walls on either side of the plane in front of Row 16, and galley wall in the center in front of Row 16.

Row 16 is an exit Row, so if you are on either side of the plane there is extra legroom because it is an exit row. You have to be able to meet qualifications to be assigned a seat by the exits.

I did not find a thread on where else to sit on this aircraft after search. Row 39 Exit Row looks ok.

Perhaps someone who frequently flies that route will be kind to reply?
Old Jun 29, 2014, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by kenziid3

Thanks
Open space with FA jump seat facing you.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 12:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.7mm
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Open space with FA jump seat facing you.
Thanks much, i will stick with the center row aisle seat 16G.

Mahalo.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 12:47 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mkr
That looks like it is a 777-200. I have not flown on that flight, but the seating configuration on the UA website appears to show restroom walls on either side of the plane in front of Row 16, and galley wall in the center in front of Row 16.

Row 16 is an exit Row, so if you are on either side of the plane there is extra legroom because it is an exit row. You have to be able to meet qualifications to be assigned a seat by the exits.

I did not find a thread on where else to sit on this aircraft after search. Row 39 Exit Row looks ok.

Perhaps someone who frequently flies that route will be kind to reply?
For seating, the definitive list of threads is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...e-threads.html
Old Jun 1, 2015, 10:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
In F, avoid Row 5. Galley noise, lav noise, narrowed aisle with heavy traffic.

Row 1 center has a ridiculous amount of open space in front. Pretty well isolated from lavs and forward galley.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 6:27 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Row 1 center has a ridiculous amount of open space in front. Pretty well isolated from lavs and forward galley.
Any recollection on the sides for Row 1? A/B and H/J. Are they just "normal"? I usually avoid Row 1 due to limited foot space.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
In F, avoid Row 5. Galley noise, lav noise, narrowed aisle with heavy traffic.

I read somewhere that 5 A/B are usually reserved for crew so I chose 4A on my upcoming GUM-HNL flight as it should be quiet.

In row 1 is there enough room in the center seats for the middle seat passenger to get past a fully reclined person on the aisle?
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gspurr
I read somewhere that 5 A/B are usually reserved for crew so I chose 4A on my upcoming GUM-HNL flight as it should be quiet.

In row 1 is there enough room in the center seats for the middle seat passenger to get past a fully reclined person on the aisle?
I flew this about a month ago. No only is there enough room for the middle seat passenger to get past, lots of people not sitting in this row used the area between the seat and the bulkhead as a pass through.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:16 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by FTstudent
Any recollection on the sides for Row 1? A/B and H/J. Are they just "normal"? I usually avoid Row 1 due to limited foot space.
I'd say "normal" is about right. Not notably spacious nor tight.

Originally Posted by manneca
No only is there enough room for the middle seat passenger to get past, lots of people not sitting in this row used the area between the seat and the bulkhead as a pass through.
Yes, during boarding you get some of this and even during flight if the FAs have the galley blocked. If you raise your footrest, it blocks the walkway.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 10:35 am

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
es, during boarding you get some of this and even during flight if the FAs have the galley blocked. If you raise your footrest, it blocks the walkway.
So if you were traveling by yourself and don't want to be disturbed by people climbing over you and don't particularly want a difficult climb over people yourself (although I am reasonably agile), which seat would you choose?
Old Jul 9, 2015, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by gspurr
So if you were traveling by yourself and don't want to be disturbed by people climbing over you and don't particularly want a difficult climb over people yourself (although I am reasonably agile), which seat would you choose?
1A, D, F, or J. I like windows so would probably take A or J, although the middle row (D/F) has more space in front (and note that J is likely to have the better view on approach to HNL).
Old Jul 9, 2015, 12:19 pm

Flying with a total of 4 people(3 seats) - myself, wife, 3 year old, and 20 month old lap child. Would 1DEF be the logical choice?
Old Jul 9, 2015, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
1A, D, F, or J. I like windows so would probably take A or J, although the middle row (D/F) has more space in front (and note that J is likely to have the better view on approach to HNL).
If you ever get a chance to snag 5A or 5K, i would take those. They are typically blocked off as crew rest seats and have more recline than the other FC seats. Great views too!
Old Jul 9, 2015, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
If you ever get a chance to snag 5A or 5K, i would take those. They are typically blocked off as crew rest seats and have more recline than the other FC seats. Great views too!
I don't agree. Row 5 is adjacent to the galley and lavs and there is a ton of traffic, which is made worse because the aisle narrows there. These are IMO the worst seats in the cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.