Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2nd daily UA IAH-NRT? (UA back to 1 flight Jan-31-15, ANA Starting 77W in June 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2nd daily UA IAH-NRT? (UA back to 1 flight Jan-31-15, ANA Starting 77W in June 2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2014, 7:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, BA, CX, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by tommyhtown
I guess it's a wash. ANA excels in front cabin, but they're converting more and more 77W to 3-4-3, so the Y experience wouldn't be all that exciting
Old Dec 11, 2014, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by radiowell
Good news. Although curious about timing, westbound. My next summer UA7 departs IAH at 10:50 and NH173 departs only 30 mins later (11:20). Oh well. If by any chance I miss a connection at IAH, may be they'll put me on an ANA flight (I'm booked in J, so hope NH J is acceptable if that happens).

EDIT: Looks like the bird is the one with all-aisle access in J, in which case I'll be fine with reaccomidation. Although still makes me wonder if this could be a "replacement" flight for UA7.
No this flight isn't replacing FLT 7. It's using the slot that was used by the short lived 2nd IAH - NRT flight.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
No this flight isn't replacing FLT 7. It's using the slot that was used by the short lived 2nd IAH - NRT flight.
Thank you. Then really good news. More options are always better.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 7:52 am

Good news. Although curious about timing, westbound. My next summer UA7 departs IAH at 10:50 and NH173 departs only 30 mins later (11:20). Oh well. If by any chance I miss a connection at IAH, may be they'll put me on an ANA flight (I'm booked in J, so hope NH J is acceptable if that happens).

EDIT: Looks like the bird is the one with all-aisle access in J, in which case I'll be fine with reaccomidation. Although still makes me wonder if this could be a "replacement" flight for UA7.

TOKYO, December 11, 2014 –ANA, Japan’s leading airline, is to launch a new route from Narita to Houston, the capital of the US oil and energy industry, from June next year as part of an expansion of its network between the Americas and the growing Asian market.
With the effect that this rapid and ongoing collapse in crude prices is and will continue to have on the Houston economy, I wouldn't bet on that service being there next summer.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 8:24 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite

EDIT: Looks like the bird is the one with all-aisle access in J, in which case I'll be fine with reaccomodation. Although still makes me wonder if this could be a "replacement" flight for UA7.
while i dont think it would be the case, i dont think anyone (unless they have the knowledge) would not think there is the slightest chance this could replace 7, unfortunately.

will remain to be seen if this improves connectivity into IAH for outbound NRT with the later departure.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 8:38 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Glad to see more *A options to Asia opening up out of IAH. ^ BR starts their flight to TPE soon as well.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 10:01 am

When was the last day of the 2nd IAH NRT flight ?

UA1 and UA2 (?)...Ual. com shows only 1 flight now for Dec.
Sorry, I scanned thru the 8 pages here real fast and did not catch the infos...
Thanks.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 8:23 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
We were supposed to travel IAH-ORD-NRT with ORD-NRT in NH F on September 26 until that the fire happened and wrecker our plans (not much flexibility), so we postponed until April 2015 now going directly IAH-NRT on UA7 in J (SLIGHT downgrade from NH F ).

So I suppose we should be grateful we had rebooked on UA7 instead of UA1 but really wish ANA would've started their service a few months sooner
Old Dec 14, 2014, 1:28 pm

Good news. Although curious about timing, westbound. My next summer UA7 departs IAH at 10:50 and NH173 departs only 30 mins later (11:20)...
Update on my UA7 schedule. Now it's changed to 11:05 IAH departure, so it is even closer to NH173 11:20 IAH departure to NRT!
Old Dec 16, 2014, 12:04 pm

Haneda?

They should have one for Narita and one for Haneda... NRT is really annoying if you are going to yokohama!
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:34 am

Programs: UA nada, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nunusguy
With the effect that this rapid and ongoing collapse in crude prices is and will continue to have on the Houston economy, I wouldn't bet on that service being there next summer.
I'll take that bet; Houston's economy runs on a lot more than energy now. 1982 was a long time ago.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.7mm
My guess is that UA 6 & 7 will lose a significant number of Japanese pax to ANA on this route, resulting in UA replacing the triple 7 with a 787?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 7:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by kenziid3
My guess is that UA 6 & 7 will lose a significant number of Japanese pax to ANA on this route, resulting in UA replacing the triple 7 with a 787?
My guess is that UA will lose to NH knowledgable pax of any nationality who are not locked into UA through corporate contracts or frequent flyer benes
Old Dec 17, 2014, 7:51 pm

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
If this makes it easier for GPUs to clear on UA7, then it's a big ^ for me. UA7 is tough to score an upgrade on, especially on Sat/Sun departures.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by Live4Upgrade
If this makes it easier for GPUs to clear on UA7, then it's a big ^ for me. UA7 is tough to score an upgrade on, especially on Sat/Sun departures.
It's been like this for a lonnnnnnng time. I remember myself being on the UG list and not clearing until 26 hours before the flight - I was even Presidnetial Platinum at that time. Must be good returns on this flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.