Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Incredibly uninformed agent on Premier line.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2014, 7:26 pm
dfe
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM; *A Gold Life; CX Gold; Marriott Platinum LT; SPG Plat; HHonors Diamond

Just called Premier reservations to book a trip from ORD to SIN on 07/29 and return 08/25. Got this surely jerk named B*B, who basically said "what do you want". Told him that I wanted 881 out of ORD to NRT and connecting 803 NRT to SIN. He said I could not do that since they departed from two different cities. I said I know that--you fly from Chicago to Narita, and then connect to another flight called 803 to Singapore. Try again it is not rocket science. Put on hold and after about 3 minutes he came back and said I guess we can do that. Then asked for my return which I gave him 804 SIN --> NRT and 882 NRT--ORD. But then put on hold for about 4 minutes because the system was down. Asked B*B if he was still there several times and he assured that he was but, but nothing from him unless I asked.

Once he quoted a price, I said that I wanted Q fare and wanted to apply GPU's. He said that you cannot upgrade a Q fare with GPU's.

Simply said that I would call back tomorrow. (When hopefully there will be someone with a modicum of a brain on the other end of the line).

Jeez where do they get these people to work the Premier line. I have never in my life dealing with UA to have experienced this rude, inept and unknowledgeable type of service.
Old May 29, 2014, 7:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Yes, indeed, it sounds like you were calm, patient, and not a bit rude.
Old May 29, 2014, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Did B*b sound like a 70 year old cowboy? If so, I've also had the pleasure. HUACA is a good idea there...
Old May 29, 2014, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM , Marriott Amb, Hyatt D, HH D, Hertz PC
I really miss the dedicated 1K line and agents.
Old May 29, 2014, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Any reason why you didn't just book this online? Seems straightforward enough.
Old May 29, 2014, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by jchiguy1
+1

Sounds like HUACA is the best strategy.
Old May 29, 2014, 7:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Why not call them if you miss them? Now, as in the bad old days there is overflow into the regular premier agent pool during busy times, and vice versa. Plenty of dedicated 1K agents you can talk to through.

The technology has moved on - you don't need a separate number to reach a dedicated department these days.
Old May 29, 2014, 7:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by star_world
Why not call them if you miss them?
Because they don't exist, and haven't in quite some time. There are generic "Premier" agents (some of whom are no better than general agents), but none of them are dedicated 1K agents.

Originally Posted by star_world
Plenty of dedicated 1K agents you can talk to through.
Only if you define zero as "plenty".
Old May 29, 2014, 7:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Because they don't exist, and haven't in quite some time. There are generic "Premier" agents (some of whom are no better than general agents), but none of them are dedicated 1K agents.

Only if you define zero as "plenty".
Hasn't that [edit by Moderator] been debunked enough times by now?

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; May 29, 2014 at 9:10 pm Reason: Per FT Rules, to remove unduly personalized text.
Old May 29, 2014, 8:15 pm

Yes... called to do a same day change because the app wouldn't do it. Wanted to charge me a fee but after 30 seconds of arguing that it's the same class or less she says, "Oh you don't have to pay the fee, you're a 1K."

Needless to say I was very frustrated.
Old May 29, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat 100
I'll put it this way: if there is still a 1k desk, they either 1) canned about half the people and replaced them with crappy agents or 2) figured out how to un-train employees.
Old May 29, 2014, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA GS/1MM, Ritz Carlton Plat
Originally Posted by dfe
Simply said that I would call back tomorrow. (When hopefully there will be someone with a modicum of a brain on the other end of the line).
Why wait until tomorrow? Why not just hang up and call back to get a different agent?
Old May 29, 2014, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott-Gold
i would say on average about 1 in 6 agents I speak to knows what theyre doing and, I think of it as a bonus if they are actually nice and courteous too.
Old May 29, 2014, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
[Conforming edit by Moderator to quoted post and reply thereto.]

There is no functional 1K desk but every once in a while you get lucky and are connected to an ex1K agent.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; May 29, 2014 at 9:21 pm Reason: See note above.
Old May 29, 2014, 8:50 pm

Programs: Lawl COVID
Okay, where's the 1K line then?

No worries, I'll wait.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.