Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DXB - DOH ending August 30th.

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2014, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

DXB - DOH ending August 30th.

The DXB - DOH tag on flight ends August 30th. My my my what else is gonna be cut.
Old May 23, 2014, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Looks like Hunter Keay's "your network is TOO BIG!" mantra has gotten to $misek. How savvy.
Old May 23, 2014, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, AA PLT, DL Silver
Any other details on this? What's the effect on the timing on the DXB-IAD leg?
Old May 23, 2014, 3:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, BA, CX, SPG, HHonors
Most tags will be killed in this regime

KWI-BAH is definitely next , and NRT-ICN is not far behind

But once in a while, tag killing yielded good results : SYD-MEL got killed but we got LAX-MEL instead - a major upgrade
Old May 23, 2014, 4:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 787fan
Most tags will be killed in this regime
Except those that connect back to Guam of course.

India could be gone next. Just need to update the LH JV to include it.
Old May 23, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
India could be gone next. Just need to update the LH JV to include it.
No reason to believe DEL/BOM nonstops are in any danger.

Tag-on flights without local traffic rights are as good as dead, especially with the 787 making certain flights (like LAX-MEL) viable.
Old May 23, 2014, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA 3K UGS 3MM
The loss of the GRU-GIG tag makes getting to GIG from ORD or IAD much, much more painful. Traveling from GIG-WAS requires a 3+ hour layover at 5a in IAH and an arrival time of around 11a rather than what used to be 6a. Simply awful.
Old May 23, 2014, 5:45 pm

Programs: UAMP Premier Platinum, HHonors Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold
I really hate to see further contraction in the UA network. Serving multiple markets in the middle east really differentiated UA from the other US majors (AA and DL). DOH down, KWI next? I hope not.

Old May 23, 2014, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

With fuel efficient/longer range aircraft such as the 787 and A350 the need for tag on flights are going the way of the dodo.
Old May 23, 2014, 5:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by flymd
I really hate to see further contraction in the UA network. Serving multiple markets in the middle east really differentiated UA from the other US majors (AA and DL). DOH down, KWI next? I hope not.

KWI? I dont think so. BAH, possibly.
Old May 23, 2014, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
With fuel efficient/longer range aircraft such as the 787 and A350 the need for tag on flights are going the way of the dodo.
So will UA be adding ns flights to GIG, DOH, KWI then? I'd be shocked.

RouteMapContraction______friendly
Old May 23, 2014, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Originally Posted by CALMSP
KWI? I dont think so. BAH, possibly.
Load factors on 982 (KWI/BAH) have been quite low from what I have seen recently. They can't kill BAH and keep that route alive - either it's going to stay alive with the tag (or a different tag...DOH/AUH?), or the entire flight will get the axe. By bet is on the entire flight going byebye.

The only other option might be a downgauge to 763 or 788 and then operate as a terminator to KWI...that might make sense capacity-wise.
Old May 23, 2014, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
The DXB - DOH tag on flight ends August 30th. My my my what else is gonna be cut.
So many mohels who were so low on work have all found new employment for UA's route map department.
Old May 23, 2014, 7:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by DWFI
Load factors on 982 (KWI/BAH) have been quite low from what I have seen recently. They can't kill BAH and keep that route alive - either it's going to stay alive with the tag (or a different tag...DOH/AUH?), or the entire flight will get the axe. By bet is on the entire flight going byebye.

The only other option might be a downgauge to 763 or 788 and then operate as a terminator to KWI...that might make sense capacity-wise.
KWI has held its own for a while. The return has been down a bit lately, but the flight to KWI has been on the good side.
BAH has been toilet water almost since inception. THe 788 would be best for IAD-KWI when a few more come on board and they can move through all the hubs. Until then, I dont see KWI going anywhere at this time.
Old May 23, 2014, 8:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Quote:

So will UA be adding ns flights to GIG, DOH, KWI then? I'd be shocked.
After SFO-BKK is added of course. Oh wait.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.