Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Record Locator/ PNR of Star Partners on UA purchased Itineraries

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
On itins booked via United that include partner flights, the PNR/record locator for "some" partners may be found in the UA online itin
Originally Posted by itsMoe
Here's a screenshot:

Note that on carriers which use Amadeus, the PNR will be the same across all Amadeus carriers. So, for example, on an itinerary with TG and OZ/SQ, if you get the PNR from TG, it will be the same for the OZ/SQ segment (and you can typically pick seats for all flights on the TG website).

If the PNR does not appear, call UA or call the partner with the ticket number, date and flight and you should be able to get it verbally.

04 FEB 2018 - This worked for Singapore Air (SQ): if you cannot locate the SQ PNR via the web, go to the reservation on the United app, and then click Additional information, I was able to find mine there.

Starting last half of 2017, the UA PNR will work on some partner airlines -- LH group (LH, LX, OS, ...), NH/ANA, ....

out of date
Partners PNR/record locator not available:
TG
OZ
OS
BR
SQ
ZH (shows as an "Air China" PNR but is invalid on both CA and ZH websites)
???

In 2019, AC, ....

Print Wikipost

Record Locator/ PNR of Star Partners on UA purchased Itineraries

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2015, 7:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by TWA Guy
Hmm...don't see it in either place, maybe OAL hasn't confirmed the reservation yet.
UA doesn't always show it. Calling the operating carrier and giving them the flight number and date is, IME, always the easiest approach.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 7:27 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sbm12
UA doesn't always show it. Calling the operating carrier and giving them the flight number and date is, IME, always the easiest approach.
Thanks!
Old Aug 15, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
I find ANA often does not show up. There are less and less times that the other PNR is showing up. Even if you have them many times you cannot go onto the other airlines website to book seats. Air Canada is horrible for that and the phone wait time is a disgrace.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA 1 MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by Kacee
That's really surprising. I've had four or five TG awards over the past two years, including one I just booked in July, and have always had to contact TG.
Two days ago, I had to call UA to complete an award booking using LH and TG. At the conclusion, I asked the agent for TG or LH record locators, and she provided me with a six digit Amadeus code. The TG website accepted this as the record locator, and I was allowed to select seats. First time this has ever happened.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 2:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by artvandalay
Two days ago, I had to call UA to complete an award booking using LH and TG. At the conclusion, I asked the agent for TG or LH record locators, and she provided me with a six digit Amadeus code. The TG website accepted this as the record locator, and I was allowed to select seats. First time this has ever happened.
I believe LH and TG both use Amadeus, so it's probably the same locator on both.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:22 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by TonyBurr
I find ANA often does not show up. There are less and less times that the other PNR is showing up. Even if you have them many times you cannot go onto the other airlines website to book seats. Air Canada is horrible for that and the phone wait time is a disgrace.
True that ANA PNR doesn't show up on your UA reservation. The cool thing, however, which I just discovered last night, is that you can easily access your ANA reservation on the ANA Web site by typing in your ticket number (i.e., 016...) and the exact name on the reservation (it bounced on FirstName LastName, and I needed to type in FirstNameMIMr LastName, as on the reservation).

Once it pulled up my reservation, I was able to submit my passport info, change my seats, request special meals, etc.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by physioprof
True that ANA PNR doesn't show up on your UA reservation. The cool thing, however, which I just discovered last night, is that you can easily access your ANA reservation on the ANA Web site by typing in your ticket number (i.e., 016...) and the exact name on the reservation (it bounced on FirstName LastName, and I needed to type in FirstNameMIMr LastName, as on the reservation).

Once it pulled up my reservation, I was able to submit my passport info, change my seats, request special meals, etc.
I was able to access my reservation but it doesn't let me change seats?! Do I need to register for an ANA account first?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 6:54 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I was able to access my reservation but it doesn't let me change seats?! Do I need to register for an ANA account first?
If its a UA code share you can't do anything (not even register your passport) except view your reservation. Call for seats.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by chavala
If its a UA code share you can't do anything (not even register your passport) except view your reservation. Call for seats.
Already called for seats but wonder why it works for physioprof but not my reservation? I am booked on UA* flights, wonder if he was too.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:06 am

Already called for seats but wonder why it works for physioprof but not my reservation? I am booked on UA* flights, wonder if he was too.
I wonder too.

I just tried now and was able to register my passport info this time (actually, it was already filled in, I just had to click "Register").
But when I tried to change my seat I still see "Cannot Select".

I know on my itineraries where I have a NH flight # I am able to access everything.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:10 am

I wonder too.

I just tried now and was able to register my passport info this time (actually, it was already filled in, I just had to click "Register").
But when I tried to change my seat I still see "Cannot Select".

I know on my itineraries where I have a NH flight # I am able to access everything.
Looks like I need to register for an ANA Mileage Club Member Number to be able to enter my details, but want to credit the trip to my UA MP number.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:15 am

Looks like I need to register for an ANA Mileage Club Member Number to be able to enter my details, but want to credit the trip to my UA MP number.
Do that - there is a place to put your UA FF# into the record.

I once put my NH # in thinking it would be easier to check-in. (Stupid)
Sure enough the miles for that segment got credited to my NH account and it took me weeks to fix (with multiple phone calls and emails to both NH and UA)
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:33 am

Do that - there is a place to put your UA FF# into the record.

I once put my NH # in thinking it would be easier to check-in. (Stupid)
Sure enough the miles for that segment got credited to my NH account and it took me weeks to fix (with multiple phone calls and emails to both NH and UA)
I've registered for a NH number but nothing changed in reservation...
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:37 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Mine is award travel booked via UA, and as far as I can tell is not a code share. So that may be the difference. Also, I am booked in three-class F, so I suppose it's possible that provides advance seat selection privileges.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by physioprof
Mine is award travel booked via UA, and as far as I can tell is not a code share. So that may be the difference. Also, I am booked in three-class F, so I suppose it's possible that provides advance seat selection privileges.
If its a 3 digit flight number its not a code share, (which is how my award tickets look as well). The UA code shares are always 4 digits.
When this problem first started (after UA discontinued the BKK flights and I was put on NH instead), I called UA and forced them to re-ticket using an NH number. I don't know if they would still do this, and frankly it was such a hassle I never bothered trying again.
I always get a good seat near the front when calling NH -- never a problem.

Last edited by chavala; Aug 21, 2015 at 8:42 am Reason: ad

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.