Wiki Posts
Search

EWR Intl Arrival

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2014, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott P, SPG G
EWR Intl Arrival

I have only flown to/from EWR internationally a handful of times and found it pretty easy to connect through - just follow the sign. However, from what I read, UA international arrival is in B even if UA has its own C terminal.

So if someone does not understand English/Spanish arrives in EWR, where shall I meet him? I will meet him and fly to somewhere else. Shall I meet him in B after immigration? Or is he able to go into C terminal after immigration but before exiting the sterile area/airside?
Old May 2, 2014, 1:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Arrivals are in a mixture of B and C. UA uses B as an overflow during periods where it has a lot of flights arriving in C.

Check the flight status on the day of the flight. If it's arriving in B, meet him at B international arrivals. If arriving in C, meet him at C international arrivals. The journey between the terminals is landside (using a bus for the next couple of months), after entering the international arrivals hall.

He won't need to worry about this, you can just tell him you're meeting him in the arrivals hall.
Old May 2, 2014, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Just tell them you'll meet them outside customs control. Track to see where their flight is coming into (B or C) and then position yourself accordingly.
Old May 2, 2014, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by star_world
Arrivals are in a mixture of B and C. UA uses B as an overflow during periods where it has a lot of flights arriving in C.

Check the flight status on the day of the flight. If it's arriving in B, meet him at B international arrivals. If arriving in C, meet him at C international arrivals. The journey between the terminals is landside (using a bus for the next couple of months), after entering the international arrivals hall.

He won't need to worry about this, you can just tell him you're meeting him in the arrivals hall.
Thanks for the advice. So there's no way to proceed from immigration/custom to connection departing gate WITHOUT getting to the landside? I am just afraid that my non-english speaker friend to be guided to the gate without meeting me - -
Old May 2, 2014, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by belynch
Just tell them you'll meet them outside customs control. Track to see where their flight is coming into (B or C) and then position yourself accordingly.
FWIW - I don't think I've ever NOT landed at B on a UA int'l flight.
Old May 2, 2014, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
FWIW - I don't think I've ever NOT landed at B on a UA int'l flight.
+1. I'm starting to think it's personal
Old May 2, 2014, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cyanchan15
Thanks for the advice. So there's no way to proceed from immigration/custom to connection departing gate WITHOUT getting to the landside? I am just afraid that my non-english speaker friend to be guided to the gate without meeting me - -
Not possible. Unless flying from Canada or Dublin.
Old May 2, 2014, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by aacharya
Don't forget Shannon that has pre clear as well.
Old May 3, 2014, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aacharya
thanks. pre-clearance will not be an issue as my flight is from asia

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.