Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Geting & using PNR for Asiana/OZ UA award flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Geting & using PNR for Asiana/OZ UA award flights

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Call OZ. They can look up your PNR using your name and date of travel.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: CO Gold - 1MM, IC Plat, Hertz PC
Email them at LAX, I did this last year and had a response within an hour and a confirmed seat number.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:06 pm

UA also won't list the OZ confirmation number, unlike some of the other partner carriers. UA does have the OZ confirmation number, so you can also call UA for it.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Even with an OZ confirm, you will not be able to access your reservation on the OZ website unless you join their FF program. OZ has possibly the most archaic website of any major airline.

You'll have to call or e-mail OZ for a seat assignment.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
Even with an OZ confirm, you will not be able to access your reservation on the OZ website unless you join their FF program. OZ has possibly the most archaic website of any major airline.

You'll have to call or e-mail OZ for a seat assignment.
I'm not sure that's true anymore. I was able to pull up the PNR and select seats in January using the instructions found in this thread (see wiki or post #221).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asian...selection.html

This was a UA booked itin on 016.

EDIT: The site was REALLY picky with the way you entered in your name. I think the permutation was LASTNAME FIRSTNAME+MI+MR(or MS)
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by coolbeans202
I'm not sure that's true anymore. I was able to pull up the PNR and select seats in January using the instructions found in this thread (see wiki or post #221).

Nice. That must be their Amadeus upgrade.

I've never been able to do it, although my itineraries have always included TG flights, so I've just used the TG website to select OZ seats.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 2:03 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-ber-elite status
Originally Posted by coolbeans202

EDIT: The site was REALLY picky with the way you entered in your name. I think the permutation was LASTNAME FIRSTNAME+MI+MR(or MS)
Worked for me. Thanks!

It was CONFIRMATIONCODE LASTNAME FIRSTNAMEMR
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:12 am

Programs: Mileage Plus
Thank you so much for the information! It was driving me nuts as I couldn't access my reservation even after calling Asiana to confirm my ticket. The added information regarding entering the name permutation was very useful.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:40 am
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
I'm glad that things worked out for you.
Last year, I was able to use the LH PNR on the TG website to pull up OZ flight status and choose seats (without having any TG segments on the itinerary). It was an old itinerary that used to have a TG segment on it, so maybe that's what made it possible to use the TG website.
Another way of confirming that the OZ flight is ticketed properly would be to enter the UA ticket number on the Saudi website to check the ticket status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.