Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buddy pass LAX to Germany

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2014, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlyTravelor
Just happened to catch this on a previous entry here, not really plausible for employee to take a day off, fyi. Just be in contact.
It does depending on the nature of the Op's friend's position at United. Crew are able to pick and choose their schedules, and it makes sense that they make themselves available to assist their friends/family in these types of matters.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 24, 2014 at 5:57 pm Reason: mangled quote
Old Apr 21, 2014, 3:31 pm

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
If you decide to use a TATL route with multiple frequencies, always shoot to get on the earliest flight, even if it appears to be the fullest flight of the day. That first flight is going to be the most likely to have seats open up from misconnecting passengers at the last minute...said misconnected passengers will often be rebooked onto the later departure, making what seemed like a slam dunk non-rev opportunity disappear before your eyes.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:11 am
Original Poster

One more newbie question:

I can get to SFO from LAX for about $90 - saving a buddy pass flight. This way my trip to germany would burn up only a single buddy pass.

There are two flights daily from SFO to FRA.

Would SFO to FRA connection be intrinsically likely to be more difficult than Houston-Fra for the week of May 12th?
Old May 29, 2014, 12:45 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
So did the OP make it? Did he/she get home? Was it in Y, C or F? How was the trip?
Update.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.