Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FA given upgrade over CPU?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2014, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by Baze
How was your RPU wasted? Did they take it? Or was there 2 segments and you got the upgrade on the short leg? If only 1 segment and you didn't get the upgrade you will get your RPU back. Not entitled to anything else. And if 2 segments and you got upgraded on 1 the RPU is considered used and you still are not entitled to anything. Now complaining about the FA getting the upgrade when you were number 1 on the list might get you a few miles but I doubt it. Upgrades are never guaranteed.
BOS-SFO-SEA I consider it a wasted RPU because SFO-SEA is a route I wouldn't have bothered with because every elite made that CPU and we have empties on that flight all the time.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 8:32 am

Well, no apology, no nothing beyond thanks for writing. This was sent to 1kvoice and it's coming back from "Partner Services". Looking back at the few times I've written 1kvoice they've signed it as MileagePlus Service Center. Partner services is gods knows what.

Amazing United.... i'm caring about as much about you as you are me these days. Shame. Oh, and the busted form "insert prefix and member last name" is them... they didn't bother to fill it out.

ZZZinsert.account.numberZZZ

Hello ZZZinsert.prefix.and.member.last.nameZZZ,

We’re always glad to hear from MileagePlus® members like you. Thanks for
writing.

Thank you for selecting MileagePlus as your frequent flyer program. We
look forward to serving you again soon.

Regards,

xxxxxx
MileagePlus® Partner Services
Old Apr 28, 2014, 11:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Hadrian35
Well, no apology, no nothing beyond thanks for writing. This was sent to 1kvoice and it's coming back from "Partner Services". Looking back at the few times I've written 1kvoice they've signed it as MileagePlus Service Center. Partner services is gods knows what.

Amazing United.... i'm caring about as much about you as you are me these days. Shame. Oh, and the busted form "insert prefix and member last name" is them... they didn't bother to fill it out.

ZZZinsert.account.numberZZZ

Hello ZZZinsert.prefix.and.member.last.nameZZZ,

We’re always glad to hear from MileagePlus® members like you. Thanks for
writing.

Thank you for selecting MileagePlus as your frequent flyer program. We
look forward to serving you again soon.

Regards,

xxxxxx
MileagePlus® Partner Services
Write back to escalate saying that the UA rep didn't address the problem?
Old Apr 28, 2014, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Write back to escalate saying that the UA rep didn't address the problem?
Well I got my RPU back.

I shot 1kvoice an email reply, asking if that's really the only response i get; I got a service director back apologizing for the confusion, a promise to kick it up to management along with the RPU. Wonder if I would have gotten it back had some help desk rider at "Partner Services" not just been clicking through their queue of non 1ks when they sent me a gibberish response.

I can't decide whether to write them back and tell them that this type of inconsistency is what is making flying with them so frustrating.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by Hadrian35
Well I got my RPU back.

I can't decide whether to write them back and tell them that this type of inconsistency is what is making flying with them so frustrating.
You got what you wanted, anything else screwed up is their problem!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.