Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

RPU Clears – UA Changes Routing Entirely

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2014, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier 1K; Alaska MVP 75K; Hilton Honors Diamond; Hertz Pres Circle

It seems like RPU's clearing causes quite a problem. I have an upcoming trip and as each segment cleared individually, I had to call in to have my ticket reissued. This morning, the last segment cleared, and I logged in to see that UA had altered the routing entirely for apparently no reason! I was now going PHX-LAX-EWR (five hours earlier than planned), despite the PHX-IAH still showing up in the reservation somehow (the original routing was PHX-IAH-EWR). No schedule changes to report. I'm getting it fixed now but a reminder to check your reservation when upgrades clear. It seems like the system is prone to errors when these things go through.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 6:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by goldelite8
It seems like RPU's clearing causes quite a problem. I have an upcoming trip and as each segment cleared individually, I had to call in to have my ticket reissued.
Sync'd or reissued? I've never had a reissue when an upgrade clears.

Originally Posted by goldelite8
It seems like the system is prone to errors when these things go through.
Based on your one experience or some broader set of data? Because I've had a number of instruments clear over the years and my itineraries have been just fine every time.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I've only had a problem once--it did require a call to fix, but no other problems or phantom segment showing up.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 6:50 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Nothing suggests that the two issues have anything to do with each other. The advice to check your record when an UG clears is just part of the standard advice to regularly check it -- UG or not -- lest something have happened.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
The RPU handing overall is just sloppy.

I had one clear just yesterday (got the email), go into the app to check seats, and it shows me in coach.

I go to the full site, and it shows United Economy (K), Upgrade Confirmed. Seatmap lets me pick only coach seats.

I called into get it sorted, but there is something wonky about upgrades not matching up right sometimes. I can see how he'd be waitlisted on a different flight than he's confirmed on. Don't put anything past SHARES.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.