Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buying postage stamps in IAH

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold 1 Presidence Circle
Originally Posted by penelope
Slightly odd question - I'm transiting via IAH international to international and need to mail a letter. Is it possible to buy stamps airside ie newstands? I've checked the airport website and there doesn't appear to be a post office within any of the terminals. I also have United Club membership if that's relevant.

Many thanks.
UC membership might be relevant. As some else suggested, ask UC front desk to mail it for you. If they won't/too much, tell them your situation, give them a dollar or so to mail it for you. They will gladly do that - they have done this for me few times. But be nice to them. Doesn't hurt that I know most of them well...
Old Apr 8, 2014, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
At IAH, there are ATMs outside C South UC (towards intersection) and in E at bridge over to D. Both airside. There's probably others, but those are the ones I use, both BoA. No stamps dispersed.
There are a couple of Chase ATMs around the airport too.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat
Originally Posted by BOISJC744
I agree, but certain things are still in the stone age... often government related.
Exactly!

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
I've bought stamps at ATMs in NY before.

Can't you buy postage online? Not sure how it works, do you print out some little barcode stamp and tape it on?

I'd be more worried about finding a place to mail it (Club/lounge) that actually goes out…I've never seen a mail slot in an airport (again I've never specifically looked for one).
Thank you, great idea, it's so long since I've needed stamps that hadn't occurred to me.

I did call the Club and they will mail a letter for you, but you need your own stamp.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat
Originally Posted by TXbizman
UC membership might be relevant. As some else suggested, ask UC front desk to mail it for you. If they won't/too much, tell them your situation, give them a dollar or so to mail it for you. They will gladly do that - they have done this for me few times. But be nice to them. Doesn't hurt that I know most of them well...
Perfect - thanks!
Old Apr 11, 2014, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles

At IAH, there are ATMs outside C South UC (towards intersection) and in E at bridge over to D. Both airside. There's probably others, but those are the ones I use, both BoA. No stamps dispersed.
No more BofA at IAH, all Chase ATMs now. Was pretty sure of this, and just took a few extra minutes this evening here at IAH to confirm. Bummer since I'm a BofA customer...
Old Apr 11, 2014, 7:47 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Still waiting for IAH to be brought into the 20th century - postage stamps, mailbox, left-luggage, public transport, and don't mention the B terminal
Old Apr 11, 2014, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by harryhv
Still waiting for IAH to be brought into the 20th century - postage stamps, mailbox, left-luggage, public transport, and don't mention the B terminal
Ah yes, postage stamps, how modern...
Old Apr 11, 2014, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
I'd be more worried about finding a place to mail it (Club/lounge) that actually goes out…I've never seen a mail slot in an airport (again I've never specifically looked for one).
There's a blue USPS mailbox in MDW just after the rightmost security line. Have used it many times.

I guess that doesn't do you UA guys much good.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
No more BofA at IAH, all Chase ATMs now. Was pretty sure of this, and just took a few extra minutes this evening here at IAH to confirm. Bummer since I'm a BofA customer...
This must be a very recent change. I wonder if Chase convinced UA (or the airport system - I don't know who controls placement) to remove non-Chase ATMs. Off to BKK tomorrow, but I'll be IAH on 24th - I'll remember to bring cash.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA PLAT. DL PLAT, AOPA, MUG CLUB AT ROCK BOTTOM
Carry a couple of "forever" stamps in my backpack, just in case.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by penelope
Slightly odd question - I'm transiting via IAH international to international and need to mail a letter. Is it possible to buy stamps airside ie newstands? I've checked the airport website and there doesn't appear to be a post office within any of the terminals. I also have United Club membership if that's relevant.

Many thanks.
Yes, there is a post office at IAH. However, it is not in the passenger terminal:

USPS International Airport Post Office
19175 Lee Road Suit 100
Humble, TX 77338

There are several mail boxes at IAH. As a general rule, I always carry a supply of both domestic and global forever stamps with me. IMO, one of the best ways to spend time-in-tube is writing letters to friends.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:50 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
This must be a very recent change. I wonder if Chase convinced UA (or the airport system - I don't know who controls placement) to remove non-Chase ATMs. Off to BKK tomorrow, but I'll be IAH on 24th - I'll remember to bring cash.
I believe it's some type of contract with the airport system as all three ATMs over at HOU are also Chase.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Hey, the B terminal with its lack of power outlets, small and dingy bathrooms, complete lack of seating and the cattle car barn area.... its very 21st century!
Old Apr 12, 2014, 3:32 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Quote:

Hey, the B terminal with its lack of power outlets, small and dingy bathrooms, complete lack of seating and the cattle car barn area.... its very 21st century!
You obviously haven't been to the new B!
Old Apr 12, 2014, 3:56 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Before you business wizards fall off your chairs laughing about stamps....

When a client signs a large cash business agreement with our firm, every rep and every exec writes handwritten thank you cards and mails them.

We have a sat phone for our more remote projects. Technology has its place, but the hand written thank you does too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.