Community
Wiki Posts
Search

non-rev trumps 1k?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by mapu
What possible reason to lie could a middle-aged business traveler have?

This is neither OMNI nor high school...
what day was this?
Old Mar 21, 2014, 9:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LilAbner
The only possible problem is that perhaps the second gentleman did not fully disclose everything to you. Perhaps he was hoping for something that he could not support --- i.e. Not having the proper fare class for an upgrade or maybe he didn't even have a GPU as he stated. Taking the word of other people standing in line, then running to FT with a conspiracy theory, claiming that a non-rev and a g/a were playing games can become a problem and/or embarrassment for the person making this claim, especially without ALL the facts and proof in hand.
The OP stated that the gentleman was showing as #1 on the C->GF upgrade list, OP was #1 on the Y->C list and the non-rev was showing as #2 on both lists. I can't see anything that wasn't "disclosed" that could invalidate the fact that the #1 on the list should have been processed before #2.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 10:40 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
..Perhaps he was hoping for something that he could not support --- i.e. Not having the proper fare class for an upgrade or maybe he didn't even have a GPU as he stated..
Who in their right mind would buy an upgradable premium fare on UA without having the instruments?

That is unheard of.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 10:50 am

Programs: AADULtArer

1 Saving face
Old Mar 21, 2014, 10:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Perhaps he was hoping for something that he could not support --- i.e. Not having the proper fare class for an upgrade or maybe he didn't even have a GPU as he stated.
You can't get on the waitlist unless the upgrade is supported.

If as OP states the other 1K showed as #1 on the GF waitlist, with #2 waitlisted for both GF and BF, then his complaint would appear on its face to be valid.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe he didn't really want to share his personal details with you, and he was just lying to you. Do you ALWAYS share everything with any random person at a gate that you get into a discussion with?
Old Mar 21, 2014, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by weero
Who in their right mind would buy an upgradable premium fare on UA without having the instruments?

That is unheard of.
In due respect, and I truly mean that to all of my fellow UA FTer's. Who in their right mind believes EVERYTHING posted on here without verifying any facts/accusations for themselves (i.e. the upgrade list)? Anytime there are people on the list and a suspected" non-rev gets their seat a conspiracy theory erupts, without the least bit of evidence.

This btw is NOT unheard of, and I do respect others point of view and opinions, but I would want further proof before I went off half cocked accusing a g/a of pulling something. GPU's have value and are worth something to UA and an employee that did not apply it properly would, in fact, be stealing from their employer, would they not?

If the OP has proof, he should write a letter of complaint, like thousands before him have done' and see what is UA has to say about it.

I for one see no need to debate something that has not been proven and is only hearsay, thus far.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 7:54 pm

In due respect, and I truly mean that to all of my fellow UA FTer's. Who in their right mind believes EVERYTHING posted on here without verifying any facts/accusations for themselves (i.e. the upgrade list)? Anytime there are people on the list and a suspected" non-rev gets their seat a conspiracy theory erupts, without the least bit of evidence.
While my remark was evidently meant tongue-in-cheek, the evidence here seems pretty convincing to me as post #80 outlines. That is unless you do not take the OP's account for being factual.
And so while FT naturally does accumulate suspicions which are not 100% evidence based and then get attacked by the UA apologetics team with even more bizarre theories, this one is not among those.
..GPU's have value and are worth something to UA and an employee that did not apply it properly would, in fact, be stealing from their employer, would they not?
This is why the OP should report the incident. Maybe it helps a tad even though UA as a whole is not yet ready for atonement.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 8:59 pm

This is why the OP should report the incident. Maybe it helps a tad even though UA as a whole is not yet ready for atonement.
I totally agree it's high time that this stuff stops, as the evidence presented is proof positive, and it's also time to make a BFD out of this! ^

Just who do these non-rev's think they are, anyhow???
Old Mar 22, 2014, 12:00 am

..Just who do these non-rev's think they are, anyhow???
I think the employee in question was the GA, not the nonrev.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 6:59 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
if we go based on the day this was posted, or the day before, there was nothing wrong as all parties listed were only listed for Y to J, and the only people standing by for F were 3 employees. Which only 1 was in F, the other2 in Y.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by CALMSP
if we go based on the day this was posted, or the day before, there was nothing wrong as all parties listed were only listed for Y to J, and the only people standing by for F were 3 employees. Which only 1 was in F, the other2 in Y.
I am not following you. Did you read post #5 or do you have evidence which contradicts the OP's account?
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:17 pm

I am not following you. Did you read post #5 or do you have evidence which contradicts the OP's account?
Weero you are definitely one of the top FTer's on this forum, but I truly think you are chasing something that can't be proven, and that is whether the OP surmised that he and a 1K got screwed "FOR A FACT", or whether he "THOUGHT" that they got passed over by a g/a?

I will be the first to agree that this airline has gone to pot, as of late, but I really don't think that an employee (THE G/A) would jeopardize their job for this type of shenanigan.

Again, what is the point of arguing about something that cannot be proven?

Sometimes it may be better to wait for evidence and proof of wrongdoing before forming an opinion that somebody was cheating!

Have a nice weekend, bro!!! ^^^

U-Da Man!!! ^
Old Mar 22, 2014, 5:00 pm

yes, i was looking at the flight history and list, and no revenue passengers were standing by for F. (on the particular day this was posted and the day prior)
Old Mar 22, 2014, 7:22 pm

If it's not for business related matters for the company, I don't think employees should get a free pass to travel around.

Should fork up the money like the rest of us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.