Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA International Award Open domestic leg Problem

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2014, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat

I currently have booked using UA miles a summer trip to Asia. We booked business class on the outbound but where short on the miles at the time for business on the return. Through MS I now have miles to change ticket to business class. I have checked and there main international legs I want are open in business class. BKK-FRA-IAD, but the last leg IAD to CAE is a one cabin flight and only open in STANDARD award level. So question is will United allow this business class ticket to open up the Domestic leg to ticket? The final leg is on UA metal?
Thankful for input.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 11:26 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by jwchef1975
I currently have booked using UA miles a summer trip to Asia. We booked business class on the outbound but where short on the miles at the time for business on the return. Through MS I now have miles to change ticket to business class. I have checked and there main international legs I want are open in business class. BKK-FRA-IAD, but the last leg IAD to CAE is a one cabin flight and only open in STANDARD award level. So question is will United allow this business class ticket to open up the Domestic leg to ticket? The final leg is on UA metal?
Thankful for input.
No, they won't do that. You need to find saver availability.

Its debatable if you'd be charged additional miles (beyond the difference between the old C and Y rates) based on the new award charge. Some people have successfully moved to new cabins and were priced at the old levels. I recommend you try booking online first -- and if you need to stop at IAD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.