Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Unreal United Express flight turns Surreal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2014, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 3Million, Marriott/SPG LIFETIME Platinum - current Titanium, HHonors Diamond

Sitting here in the penalty box in LAX while the first officer on my SkyWest flight uses the conveniences in the rear. Couldn't even wait until we got to the gate. Caps the single most unprofessional flight experience I've had, complete with overserving.

Unreal.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
No water bottles in the cockpit?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 11:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
They overserved the FO? No wonder he needs to use the lav.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 3Million, Marriott/SPG LIFETIME Platinum - current Titanium, HHonors Diamond
Kacee - love it.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 11:25 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I never realized pilots weren't human.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 11:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
You appear to have posted this in the wrong thread - you clearly wanted this one.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 11:40 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_6 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B651 Safari/9537.53)

I see no problem with this. Show a little compassion.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 11:40 pm

Programs: United Gold
I'm ashamed to admit that I was a little disappointed clicking into this thread after reading the title
Old Feb 23, 2014, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Sorry - he had the same two hours all the passengers had to figure it out. It's his job, believe it or not.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 11:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by BlueHenFlyer
Sorry - he had the same two hours all the passengers had to figure it out. It's his job, believe it or not.
The astronauts wear diapers.... why can't the Skywest crew?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 11:55 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
No, flying the airplane is his job. I don't know anyone whose job is going to the toilet (except perhaps a toilet quality assurance person). Sitting in the penalty box is the ideal time to go.

Originally Posted by docbert
you clearly wanted this one.
This thread goes way beyond that. Sorry, but this is the single most ridiculous thread I've seen on FT.

Last edited by mahasamatman; Feb 24, 2014 at 12:01 am
Old Feb 24, 2014, 12:07 am

Programs: UA 1K
I genuinely don't understand what you're issue was with what happened...
Old Feb 24, 2014, 12:13 am

This thread is unreal.

And now there's a record of my presence.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 12:30 am

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
The FO should've realized before leaving the departure gate that tummy upset meant that s/he couldn't make it to the arrival gate in LAX w/o issues. Better to have made a sick call (likely leading to flight cancellation) versus gambling making it all the way to LAX w/o needing to use "the conveniences in the rear".

Seriously, I'm confused about what your problem is.
I'm going to take a stab at it and say you're upset because a passenger in the same dire situation would have to stay seated until gate arrival. Of course said passenger also had a chance during/prior to initial descent ... a time frame when the cockpit is busy and best to have both pilots at their workstations. Pilot workload drops a bit once the plane is on the ground. Whatever
Old Feb 24, 2014, 1:22 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
The astronauts wear diapers.... why can't the Skywest crew?
+1 ^ And won't the FA's have to change them? Goes along with the meal service....

OP, isn't better to have the FO using the lavatory before or after flight and not during?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.