Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Quick link to the Saudia site for UA fare analysis

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2014, 10:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

With the value of the Saudia site for analyzing UA fare breakdowns and PQD potential I've created another browser extension/scriptlet to help link between the two systems. With the extension installed there will be a link on the receipt page below the passenger name/ticket number. Click on that and it takes you right in to the Saudia site with the ticket details loaded. Saves a few clicks and some copy/paste action.

Nothing groundbreaking, but vaguely useful, I hope.

Extension is available in the Chrome Web Store here.

More details about usage or a direct download link for the UA Fare Construction script can be found here.

I've tested on award and revenue tickets with single and multiple passengers and it seems to be working for all of them. Let me know if you run in to a use case where it chokes.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 10:59 am

Programs: UA GS
This is awesome! Thank you! I don't care much about the fare construction part of it, but this is extremely useful for quickly looking up my tickets on Saudia, which I do often.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 11:08 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Any chance for a Greasemonkey script?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Thank you and Saudia for doing UA's job for them :-:
Old Feb 23, 2014, 12:25 pm

It's extremely convenient and helpful! Thanks a lot!
Old Feb 23, 2014, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Thank you and Saudia for doing UA's job for them :-:
+1. Love it^^
Old Feb 23, 2014, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
The same script works fine in Greasemonkey. There is a direct download link available in Seth's blog.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 12:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, BA, CX, SPG, HHonors
Thanks though ... If only now we have a script that knows how to split PQD by segments ... I'm staring at my PQD posting and there is overwhelming skew towards the shorter legs (eg LAS-EWR-BOS assigns 1/3rd PQD to the short leg)
Old Feb 23, 2014, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 787fan
Thanks though ... If only now we have a script that knows how to split PQD by segments ... I'm staring at my PQD posting and there is overwhelming skew towards the shorter legs (eg LAS-EWR-BOS assigns 1/3rd PQD to the short leg)
That's proprietary and insider knowledge, as noted in the PQD threads. As long as it adds up (and in IRROPs, ORC works) who cares?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 787fan
There is value in high PQD for short segments. If you have IRROPS and cancel the short segment, you'll get a greater refund.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K
This is a great tool!

Originally Posted by CIT85
There is value in high PQD for short segments. If you have IRROPS and cancel the short segment, you'll get a greater refund.
Hrm? What are you talking about?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by sbm12
With the value of the Saudia site for analyzing UA fare breakdowns and PQD potential I've created another browser extension/scriptlet to help link between the two systems....

Extension is available in the Chrome Web Store here....

I've tested on award and revenue tickets with single and multiple passengers and it seems to be working for all of them. Let me know if you run in to a use case where it chokes.
Excellent, it worked perfectly for me. Thanks.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Ummm....that's what this is. :-:
Old Feb 23, 2014, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
This is a great tool that will surely save me time. Thanks.

Just to confirm, in a multi-passenger itinerary, is it intentional to only show the first passenger's ticket?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by st1575
Just to confirm, in a multi-passenger itinerary, is it intentional to only show the first passenger's ticket?
Yes. Because of the way PNRs are built the fare details should be identical for all tickets/passengers in the same reservation so it shouldn't really matter too much. If you have an example to the contrary let me know and I'll look in to other options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.