Wiki Posts
Search

SQ Codeshare to earn on UAMP?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2014, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G, 1MM
SQ Codeshare to earn on UAMP?

Last month I bought an SQ ticket that flew me IAD-LHR on an SQ codeshare in Virgin Atlantic. I figured it would be a gamble on whether or not I would earn miles and when I checked my MP acct, it didn't post.

Should a VS codeshare SQ flight earn miles? Just wondering if I should take it up with a UA rep.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 8:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
No. In *A, it is the operating carrier that determines the miles you earn (or not). VS is not a United FF partner.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 8:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
[Needlessly harsh portion of reply redacted by Moderator.]

If you look at the UA MP partner airlines page, there is no mention of VS. Hence, no credit.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Feb 17, 2014 at 9:46 am Reason: See note above.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
You can take it up with a UA rep, but you won't get anywhere. Its not really a gamble - per the SQ earning page (and every other partner earning page), under the chart, there is a paragraph that includes the following:

The award miles accrued on codeshare flights are based on the operating carrier and their equivalent fare class.
Operating carrier is not an MP parner, so no earning MP Miles. Sorry.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Feb 16, 2014 at 10:30 pm Reason: unnecessary

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.