Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disappearing RPU

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2014, 1:29 pm

Thanks for reporting back, OP.
I don't know how to track the expiration of my GPU's and/or RPU's either, unless I record the dates when I book my itin.

UA has a history of turning the tables on people with problems and/or inquires and unless you are persistent, as you were, you will get told any story to get you off the phone.

Congrats for your successful resolution, as a result of not giving up!!! ^
Old Feb 11, 2014, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LP, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by flytheskies
She said that if I had caught this earlier, before travel had occurred, then it could be corrected, but now that travel has passed, she could not do anything.

I waited about 5 minutes, listening to Rhapsody in Blue, and then the agent came back on and said that she had talked to her supervisor and the RPU had been reinstated.
I love IT systems, of course it can be corrected. Almost every system today as the capabilities to correct a transaction. It's called supervisor magic or 'i got pinned down by a smart customer and had to back track fix'. Either way, I love to hear 'there is nothing I can do'.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 1:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by flytheskies

Are we now required to track each and every individual upgrade certificates and monitor each expiration date?
Also, why did the agent keep insisting that I should have caught it earlier, and that now there is nothing to be done? It seemed to me that the agent just wanted to get rid of the call.
It is certainly more successful for the agent to get through to MP than for me to be transferred and on hold forever and a half.
The agent's orginal position boils down to: "You should have expected us to screw up. And since you didn't catch our error immediately, we're not going to fix it."

This strikes me as a less than exemplary approach to customer service.

Glad they ultimately fixed it for you.

Originally Posted by LilAbner
Thanks for reporting back, OP.
I don't know how to track the expiration of my GPU's and/or RPU's either, unless I record the dates when I book my itin.
There actually is a clickable link where the instruments are listed under "My Account" that gives expiration date.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
There actually is a clickable link where the instruments are listed under "My Account" that gives expiration date.
I know that, as I still have 5 GPU's expiring on 1/2015.
I also have 7 more MR's booked through 6/14, all upgraded with RPU's and GPU's, that I don't have any idea when they would expire. (i.e 1/14 or 1/15).
Old Feb 11, 2014, 2:24 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
I know that, as I still have 5 GPU's expiring on 1/2015.
I also have 7 more MR's booked through 6/14, all upgraded with RPU's and GPU's, that I don't have any idea when they would expire. (i.e 1/14 or 1/15).
by definition they could have not been 1/14 if applied to post 1/14 flights.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
by definition they could have not been 1/14 if applied to post 1/14 flights.
That covers the GPU's, but don't the RPU's expire differently?
Old Feb 11, 2014, 3:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
That covers the GPU's, but don't the RPU's expire differently?
No. They are good until January 31 of the following program year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.