FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Changes to *A Awards Without Incurring Additional Miles after 3-Feb-2014 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1549068-changes-awards-without-incurring-additional-miles-after-3-feb-2014-a.html)

nlfmanager Mar 10, 2014 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 22498580)
They made a mistake. That should have been +80k miles for old J to new TG F.

FWIW this was done via the website. During entire process it said +20K, and new receipt shows 80K.

AndyInSaigon Mar 10, 2014 6:16 pm

Booked on 31 Jan
SGN-BKK TG (I)
BKK-FRA TG (F)
FRA-ORD LH (I)
ORD-IAH UA (I)

Just got it changed to FRA-ORD LH (O). Took all of 90 seconds.

frudd38 Mar 11, 2014 1:21 am

Is there a datapoint on being able to add passengers to existing ticket at old rate?

Hartmann Mar 11, 2014 7:25 am

Trying to change IAH-EWR/JFK-ICN(O)-KIX(X)/KIX-GMP(I)/GMP-PEK-IAH(I) to a different date online and it wants to charge me more miles. Any idea if that's correct? The thing I was changing it to was IAH-PEK(O)-KIX(I)/KIX-GMP(I)/ICN-TPE-LAX-IAH(I)

Is it because I am transiting China and not Korea on the way over?

Kacee Mar 11, 2014 7:36 am

Originally Posted by frudd38 (Post 22501623)
Is there a datapoint on being able to add passengers to existing ticket at old rate?

You can't "add passengers to existing ticket" at any rate.

BookerNYC Mar 11, 2014 7:47 am

Had a pre-2/1 South Africa to US ticket, all in J, booked for 60K miles.
Called in yesterday to change last leg (Europe - US) to LH First.
Agent only asked for 15K more miles (as 75K was the old rate for this first class ticket), much to my delight.

blitzen Mar 11, 2014 10:43 am

Successful Changes to *A Awards Without Incurring Additional Miles after Feb. 3

Just changed EWR - MUC - AMS to EWR - FRA - AMS and got the confirmation email.
But online the FRA - AMS is not showing. I got the LH ref from the united web site ( weird that that is showing) it lot.com says it is wait listed
All else on united ( receipt) is showing the leg.
What do I do? I waited a couple of hours but that didn't really help.

atcanobbio Mar 11, 2014 12:05 pm

before deval, i had the following for September 2014:

SFO-YYZ (AC J)
YYZ-MUC (LH J)
MUC-CDG (LH J)
CDG-BKK (TG F)
BKK-CGK (TG J)
CGK-ICN (OZ J)
ICN-LAX (OZ F)
LAX-SFO (UA F)

after a few calls, I managed to change the my flights to CDG to F without additional miles :)

now flying

SFO-YVR on AC and YVR-MUC on LH F!!! (everything else stays the same). I'm sooooo excited, can't wait!

awu25 Mar 11, 2014 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by JONEZY00 (Post 22473145)
Changed ORD-DTW-FRA-TXL in Y/J to IAD-FRA-TXL in J same date, completed online no miles change.

Anyone have experience calling in to get departure or destination city changed without an increase in miles? I have two separate tickets, one where I am able to modify online, the other that makes me call in to make changes. When searching for a change, it reprices as the same (through Change Flights options), but I don't want to make the change unless an agent will process my other ticket without an increase in miles.

Ex: I have EWR-ORD-NRT -> NRT-ORD-EWR
I want to switch returning to either ICN-XXX-EWR or ICN-NRT-ORD-EWR

FriendlySkies Mar 11, 2014 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 22498580)
They made a mistake. That should have been +80k miles for old J to new TG F.

When I changed a booking for LH C to LH F, I only had to pay the difference between the old award rates. (50K > 67.5K). The website said it was the 35K difference for the two tickets, but errored out. Figured we were SOL, but a very friendly SLC agent got it changed and we both enjoyed the ride home on the 748 :)

mh3265a Mar 11, 2014 8:00 pm

I've been able to change dates and cabin online at no additional charge/fee. I've made the change twice. Been shocked that the website worked for these changes.

Went from:

IAD(I)-SFO(F)-ICN(I)-PNH-BKK(F)-PEK(F)-IAD

to

IAD(I)-SEA(I)-NRT(I)-ICN(I)-PNH-BKK(F)-PEK(F)-IAD

to

IAD(F)-AMS(I)-FRA(F)-ICN(I)-PNH-BKK(F)-PEK(F)-IAD

Dates only changed on the first change

UA-NYC Mar 11, 2014 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies (Post 22506946)
When I changed a booking for LH C to LH F, I only had to pay the difference between the old award rates. (50K > 67.5K). The website said it was the 35K difference for the two tickets, but errored out. Figured we were SOL, but a very friendly SLC agent got it changed and we both enjoyed the ride home on the 748 :)

This gives me hope next month for changing from UA C to LH F :D

criostal Mar 12, 2014 7:58 am

Has anyone encountered issues with changing routings to a different continent?

I currently have:

IAD-PEK (UA F)
PEK-BKK (TG J) Destination
CNX-BKK (TG J)
BKK-CDG (TG F)
CDG-MUC (LH J) Stopover
MUC-ZRH (LH J)
ZRH-IAD (UA F)

Had to book by phone and got pre-2/1 rates.

Now, have the option of IAD-PHL and PHL-FRA on LH J, connecting to TG F FRA-BKK on the A380.

These flights don't show up when I try to change the initinerary online, but do appear for one-way legs.

1.) Any issue with routing through Europe versus Asia in terms of post-devaluation mileage requiement?

2.) I would be hoping for LH F to open, but if it did not, is TG F on the A380 worth LH old J to FRA versus UA f on the 777 to PEK?

Thanks.

PV_Premier Mar 12, 2014 8:49 am

currently holding SMF-IAD-BOS-ZRH with legs 1&2 on UA (F) and leg 3 on LX (J).

could switch to SFO-FRA-ZRH on LH (J).

thoughts?

UA-NYC Mar 12, 2014 9:05 am

Originally Posted by PV_Premier (Post 22509603)
currently holding SMF-IAD-BOS-ZRH with legs 1&2 on UA (F) and leg 3 on LX (J).

could switch to SFO-FRA-ZRH on LH (J).

thoughts?

What's the A/C on SFO-FRA? Unless it's the 748, you're likely to get crap LH slanty seats...though that itin is a lot better than what you currently have, the hard product leaves a lot to be desired.

I still might do it though to avoid two domestic F segments.