Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2014 "Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes (and What to Do After One)"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 "Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes (and What to Do After One)"

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2014, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Has anyone ever had (repeated) schedule change notifications with no change highlighted in red at all? I've had it now two times on a reservation, cleared out the "changes" only to have the message reappear twice afterwards.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by demkr
Has anyone ever had (repeated) schedule change notifications with no change highlighted in red at all? I've had it now two times on a reservation, cleared out the "changes" only to have the message reappear twice afterwards.
Do you have an UG waitlisted (miles or instrument)? If so, you need to call in and have an agent fix the waitlisted segment...it gets "stuck" even if you're accepting the change to the main segment.

Last edited by goalie; Dec 29, 2014 at 9:09 pm Reason: Removed off topic comment
Old Dec 29, 2014, 8:04 pm

Programs: WN, UA, HHonors, MR
In November, I booked two R/T saver awards ORD-HNL for April travel. Sadly the outbound trip had no availability on the daily non-stop, so had to settle for a connection in IAH. I kept checking to see if the non-stop became available, and low and behold it did, the same day I noticed a 5 MINUTE schedule change for the ORD-IAH flight. Called up and got a lovely agent to put me on the non-stop with no problems at all.

Was this pretty routine, or did I get lucky? I have zero status with United at the time, only an Explorer card.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 8:07 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Do you have an UG waitlisted (miles or instrument)? If so, you need to call in and have an agent fix the waitlisted segment...it gets "stuck" even if you're accepting the change to the main segment.

Indeed, the domestic short-hop segment is still waitlisted while the intl segment cleared.
Thanks. My companion gave them a call and they said it should be cleared out. Let's hope for the best. lol

Last edited by goalie; Dec 29, 2014 at 9:10 pm Reason: Edited quoted post to match original
Old Dec 29, 2014, 9:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by SamRothstein
Was this pretty routine, or did I get lucky?
If it didn't create an illegal connection, you got lucky.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 3:35 am

Programs: WN, UA, HHonors, MR
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
If it didn't create an illegal connection, you got lucky.
The connection was the same insanely tight 35 minutes before and after the change, as both flights shifted. I'll take the luck as I was going to pay the change fee to avoid that crap connection!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.