Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2014 - Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 - Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2014, 5:33 pm

UA 328 DEN-HNL is currently on a mechanical delay and is scheduled to depart nearly 10 hours late. DEN gate/customer "service" staff completely overwhelmed, understaffed, and unable to provide reliable information. It is unacceptable not to have staff at the gate 1 hour prior to departutre to explain the situation to pax arriving from connecting flights.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 9:51 pm

Programs: United Million Mile Flyer, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold, DL, AA WN
Originally Posted by Bear96
I think the weather started getting bad when Jeff Smisek took over.
I agree. Really! Here is why.

Background: On Monday I did SBN-ORD-LAS with the return on Thursday. My outbound UA Exp flight was delayed, but because I built in a very long connection, I barely made it. On the Return, my UA Exp flight was canceled. I sat in the UC for 3 hours before finding out by looking at the monitors that the flight disappeared. I could not be re booked until Friday night. I gave up. I took the EL downtown. Stayed at a hotel and took the South Shore the next day - getting home almost 12 hours earlier than the re booked flight.

I understand weather delays and cancellations. I understand that airlines need rested crews and planes in position, etc.

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND lack of communication. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND following a schedule of UA Exp flights that are late in good weather.

I blame Jeff.

On my outbound flight: none of the airport monitors even listed the flight - even the gate monitor.

My return flight was listed as delayed. Then it just disappeared. It was not even listed as canceled. Even the App was not correct.

As a PMUA Million Miler and Premier Executive - at least I would get a notification. This time: nothing! I had to find out myself and take my own steps each time, but sometimes even the telephone and desk agents did not have good information.

If the planners, agents, and crew do not have access to information....

If United does not take advantage of the technology that it could have....

If passengers are left on their own (by the way, the lines in the United Club were long, but the lines at general customer service were out of sight - literally).....

...I blame Jeff.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by goodeats21
More stupidity with UA today.

UAX flight, already delayed due to crew issues, was held even longer at ORD for "customer service". Why - waiting for passengers from a delayed West Coast flight to arrive at ORD, to allow them to make the connection.

Bad enough for those of us waiting even longer for our flight, but here is the kicker. There was an entire UAX crew on our flight, which was needed in DAY to staff an outgoing flight, which also was already delayed.

So an entire plane-full of passengers were sitting at DAY, missing connections, waiting for our arrival.

Want more fun...we waited about 10 minutes after landing for a ground crew to show up to get us to the gate.

I really struggle to United operations anymore.
unreal, honestly. simply unreal.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 1:22 pm
jyh

June 15 UA 400 our red eye SFO to IAH. Three plus hours late while they searched for replacement aircraft. The announcement was made to "make your complaints on line and not to us" LOL.

Today, 6/21 UA58 IAH to AMS delayed four plus hours due to "inbound equipment" from Tokyo. Checking on Tokyo flight, it is non-existent. Cancelled. LOL.

Wow. Two in a row. I don't care if I get home late but I'm anxious to get to vacation .
Old Jun 21, 2014, 8:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
People keep blaming Jeff but for the record, CO didn't cancel this many flights UA did
Old Jun 21, 2014, 9:30 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
People keep blaming Jeff but for the record, CO didn't cancel this many flights UA did
The current airline has little in common with either Continental or United. Jeff took the worst of both.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
Phx-sfo, cancelled tonight, first they claim weather, plane landed early at lax, never left, then they claim at in San francisco, plane hadn't been near sfo all day. Finally admit crew shortage, no other flight out of phx on united except for one to newark. This is insane, only 4 regional jet flights to sfo all day, no flights to sfo or lax after 7pm, what is happening to this airline. This makes the stupid "phoEnix misses you" emails even dumber. After some effort for re booked on usair to lax. And hopefully lax-sfo tonight or first thing in the morning, initially the brilliant premier desk re booked me on a direct flight phx-sfo on Tuesday afternoon 5 pm , this airline has some serious problems,
Old Jun 22, 2014, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by jasonp622
Phx-sfo, cancelled tonight, first they claim weather, plane landed early at lax, never left, then they claim at in San francisco, plane hadn't been near sfo all day. Finally admit crew shortage, no other flight out of phx on united except for one to newark. This is insane, only 4 regional jet flights to sfo all day, no flights to sfo or lax after 7pm, what is happening to this airline. This makes the stupid "phoEnix misses you" emails even dumber. After some effort for re booked on usair to lax. And hopefully lax-sfo tonight or first thing in the morning, initially the brilliant premier desk re booked me on a direct flight phx-sfo on Tuesday afternoon 5 pm , this airline has some serious problems,
Project Quality!
Old Jun 24, 2014, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K_MM, AA EX_PLT Hyatt/Hilton Dia, Mar Gold, IHG PLT, Amtrak S++, Hertz 5Star, Avis First
Is this a new one?

United flight 1022

Status: Delayed due to operational difficulties (Estimated Departure 11 Minutes Late)

The 11 minutes was of course seriously underestimated.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
I feel really bad for my friend coming into ORD from FRA today on 906. He should have flown LH instead. 906 left FRA about 2 hours late, which meant that his connection from ORD to MLI LEFT while he was still standing in the very long line at immigration (he holds German passport). And now, the flight that UA will most certainly book him on for his MLI leg is running more than 2 hours late due to mechanical issues (out of Roanoke). What a mess! He will not be arriving until about 11:30 the way it looks now, and was supposed to be in MLI at 9:38. This is why I drive 3 hours to ORD and NOT TRUST the flights out of MLI or PIA, which are both just about 45 minutes from my home.

It's gonna be a late night!
Old Jun 24, 2014, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
IAH unbelievable mess. Flew in from SIN. Flt to MEM delayed, cancelled. Standby on last flt tonight. Delayed over an hour. Confirmed on first flt tomorrow. No hotels anywhere.

Clubs were jammed
Old Jun 24, 2014, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA MM
UA756 IAH-AUS delayed until 1:30AM, allegedly.

Plane still on the ground doing MX in Denver, not even theoretically scheduled to get to IAH untl 1:22AM.

No CSR at gate. No announcements. No sub aircraft. No nuthin'.

Had an invol reroute outbound a few days ago, due to no crew, misconnected on reroute due to MX. Homebound one hour late departure BOS-IAH, and now this. What a crap airline.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 3:56 pm

July 7 IAD-EWR Monday morning MX

UA3585 -> Three hours of delay then MX. Inbound from ROC early morning.

Rebooked in US for six hours of delay in total

Not satisfied with this, especially for hub-to-hub IAD-EWR, and it is early Monday morning.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Not the best morning for UA @ MCO...

1184 arrived 3.5 hours late

UA739 is in flight and will arrive over 4 hours late

1593 was 37 minutes late

1512 was 4 minutes short of 7 hours late arriving to IAH!
Old Jul 9, 2014, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
Seemingly all flights but one from albany right now delayed, everyone is on the phone with united, hopefully the only mainline flight to Chicago will only be 1 hour late

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.