Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Need advice. SFO-SIN. Biz Class. Challenge.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2013, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat (2MM), DL GLD, AL GLD, SPG GLD, HY DMD, MRTT PLAT

Need your help. I am currently under UA challenge for gold. Need to travel on UA metal from SFO-SIN and company is paying for biz class. What are my best options to buy cheap biz class, earn good mileage (any bonuses ? )

Are there certain flights with good hard product

Thx
Old Dec 22, 2013, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
If you fly business class on UA, you get 150% PQM bonus. Two most sensible routes are via NRT or HKG. Either is about 8400 miles one way, so almost 17k r/t. With 150% bonus you'll easily hit challenge target, which I thought for gold is 12k miles. You should ask for platinum challenge, which needs 18k miles.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat (2MM), DL GLD, AL GLD, SPG GLD, HY DMD, MRTT PLAT
Thank you. Can I request platinum challenge if they already granted gold about two weeks ago.

Last, are there certain flights that have better biz class seats than other flights? I believe I have to fly all UA metal during challenge??
Old Dec 22, 2013, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, KF
Hi - personal preference of course but I generally prefer the HKG routing, especially if you can get upstairs on the 747. If you're going to be downstairs though, you may prefer the 777 through Narita.

In terms of seats and service, I haven't noticed any difference. I tend to lean toward the HK route because I prefer that airport and lounge. The flight to SIN is also much shorter through HKG, which is nice when you're already tired from the long TPAC crossing.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
HKG lounge is far superior to the NRT lounge. Although I didn't try using the ANA lounge at NRT which I should have.

The 747 is nice in upper deck business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.