Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Where are the SMS Notification Settings for Upgrade Clearance?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2015, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry

I've been getting SMS messages for many years telling me when my upgrades have cleared..emails too. I set this up prior to the merger, and the settings have remained in effect. It's by no means perfect and doesn't happen every time..but it definitely works some of the time.

Today for the first time in ages I went and tried to add SMS notification to someone else's profile for CPU clearance. The only option I could find is for email notification. I checked my own profile and sure enough United.com only has my email address listed for that particular notification, but still I get SMS messages for CPU's.

Where has it gone? Or is it just in the background somewhere and I'm grandfathered..and I can't add it for someone new?
Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
I've never gotten such an upgrade note via phone. My SMS is limited to flight issues or baggage issues.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
I have never received an email or SMS for upgrades clearing or not. I only see an option for email notification, and even though it is on, no e-mail.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
No email here either, and I've checked every spam filter to make sure it isn't being captured.

They never go through. Tripcase on the other hand notifies me instantly when my upgrades clear.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
UA doesn't have an option for text updates for upgrades. As mentioned, pre-merger UA did, but not on the new system. I get emails if say~50% of the time at best.

Originally Posted by LordHamster
They never go through. Tripcase on the other hand notifies me instantly when my upgrades clear.
How do you get Tripcase to do this? It notifies me of delays, gate changes, etc. but I didn't even know it could do upgrades.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: UA Silver, IHG Plat AMB, Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis Presidents Club; Caesars Diamond Plus
SMS notifications about upgrades - I used to get text messages, now I just get e-mails when my upgrades clear. Few and far between, of course, but they do happen!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 15, 2015 at 10:35 pm Reason: split post
Old Oct 15, 2015, 10:21 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by emcampbe
How do you get Tripcase to do this? It notifies me of delays, gate changes, etc. but I didn't even know it could do upgrades.
It does this when I click the "Send to Tripcase" button on the site of my corporate travel agency, which uses SABRE for bookings. Then it's a linked booking to the PNR, and any changes to anything on the PNR (rental car, hotel, flights incl. seats) are immediately reflected in tripcase.

Without a PNR from SABRE, updates made to the PNR itself don't reflect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.