Search

UA ground handler at IAD?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2013, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA & DL Gold
UA ground handler at IAD?

Hey,

Does anyone know the name of the company that is providing ground handling for United at IAD? Is it different for UA mainline vs UA connection?

Thanks

-- Dan
Old Dec 19, 2013, 2:49 pm

No. All UA employed.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UnitedFlyGuy
No. All UA employed.
Not true, UAX ground crew is handled by Air Wisconsin. There's a lot wrong with the operation out of IAD, and the UAX gates over in A are probably at the top of the list.

Last edited by Pingtung; Dec 19, 2013 at 2:58 pm Reason: clarified ground crew
Old Dec 19, 2013, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA & DL Gold
All the IAD ground staff are UA employed?

Maybe I wasn't clear before... I'm talking about the guys who drive the bag carts around and operate the tugs and such --- those guys are UA employees?

All of UAX is Air Wisconsin handled? Even for flights operated by Trans States and Skywest?
Old Dec 19, 2013, 3:34 pm

Programs: Dulles Airport Traveler's Aid Volunteer, hopefully future United IK member
UA Mainline- United Employees.

UAX- Air Wisconsin employees. Doesn't matter if the flight is operated by TS, Skywest etc the ground staff are Air Wisconsin employees. They still wear United gear and have some benefits for United flights etc but paycheck comes from Air Wisconsin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.