Search

When is RN inventory released?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2013, 9:46 pm
txp
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, DL, BA, Marriott, Hilton, Accor, Hyatt
When is RN inventory released?

For a May trip to Europe, I could not find a single flight with RN inventory for all possible permutations of:

[IAH,IAD,ORD,EWR] X [AMS,LHR,FRA,CDG,BRU,DUS,TXL,HAM]

Does anyone know how many weeks before flight they typically release this inventory?

Thank you!

Last edited by txp; Dec 17, 2013 at 9:53 pm
Old Dec 17, 2013, 9:51 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by txp
Does anyone know how many weeks before flight they typically release this inventory? ....
There is no answer to that question. It is not that simplistic. UA, as it should, is much more sophisticated in inventory management. It will depend on the past history load factors, UA's assessment of its ability to sell the premium cabins, ... this will take in account routing, season, day of the week, actual sales to date, ....

BTW, I have already booked and confirmed upgraded multiple SFO-Europe flights for late summer / early fall next year. So you have likely missed the early released R inventory and will need to wait until closer to travel.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
I arbitrarily entered EWR-Bru for may 14. Rn is there.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I have never seen RN>R. So the simple answer to the question of when it is released is: only when R is released. And the only time R is regularly released is around about T-24.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
I have never seen RN>R. So the simple answer to the question of when it is released is: only when R is released. And the only time R is regularly released is around about T-24.
Yup. From our perspective, all other releases of R are random.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.