Northeast Weather Waiver Dec 14-15

Old Dec 12, 13, 7:01 am
  #1  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: West Coast, Best Coast
Programs: Flying whoever is most convenient
Posts: 15,522
Northeast Weather Waiver Dec 14-15

Anyone think we will see this before EOD today? Mrs PV_Premier is supposed to fly the redeye out on Friday night and I'd like to get her out on Friday morning ahead of snowstorm without having to rely only on SDC options coming available this evening (flights look really full unless I can get her rerouted to PHL).
PV_Premier is offline  
Old Dec 12, 13, 7:07 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NYC
Programs: UA Gold
Posts: 145
I doubt it. The forecast doesn't look that bad, plus wintry mix isn't supposed to start until Sunday 8a-ish.
choatie88 is offline  
Old Dec 12, 13, 9:07 am
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: West Coast, Best Coast
Programs: Flying whoever is most convenient
Posts: 15,522
Originally Posted by choatie88 View Post
I doubt it. The forecast doesn't look that bad, plus wintry mix isn't supposed to start until Sunday 8a-ish.
Weather.com suggests daytime snow on Saturday and wintry mix on Sunday. Didn't see forecasted accumulations though.
PV_Premier is offline  
Old Dec 12, 13, 9:44 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maryland
Programs: United, Turkish
Posts: 640
We are also connecting through EWR -bwi on Dec 14.

If there is a waiver at EWR or BWI can we cancel just the EWR BWI connection , take the train and re use the connection another time?
morelegroom is offline  
Old Dec 12, 13, 9:45 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 8,634
She could do standby.

People here often claim that there is "no way" a weather waiver well happen. But I think they're pretty generous with EWR. It's something of a crapshoot, though.
mgcsinc is offline  
Old Dec 12, 13, 10:53 am
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: West Coast, Best Coast
Programs: Flying whoever is most convenient
Posts: 15,522
Originally Posted by mgcsinc View Post
She could do standby.

People here often claim that there is "no way" a weather waiver well happen. But I think they're pretty generous with EWR. It's something of a crapshoot, though.
She likely wouldn't clear sby on her currently scheduled routing, SMF-SFO is jammed full tomorrow on earlier flights.
PV_Premier is offline  
Old Dec 12, 13, 11:00 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 8,634
Originally Posted by PV_Premier View Post
She likely wouldn't clear sby on her currently scheduled routing, SMF-SFO is jammed full tomorrow on earlier flights.
Disagree. Unless Y is 0, chances for a revenue standby are pretty good. And even then, there's a good shot.
mgcsinc is offline  
Old Dec 12, 13, 11:03 am
  #8  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Between DCA and IAD
Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Posts: 53,952
I doubt you'd see a waiver until Friday night.
exerda is online now  
Old Dec 13, 13, 12:09 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: BOS<>NYC<>BKK
Programs: UA 4.1MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak S+; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Posts: 3,873
Northeast Weather Wavier Dec 14-15

Just posted for:

Cleveland (CLE)
New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty)
New York, NY (JFK)
New York, NY (LGA - LaGuardia)
Philadelphia, PA (PHL)
White Plains, NY (HPN)
Boston, MA (BOS)
Harrisburg, PA (MDT)
Providence, Rhode Island (PVD)
Hartford, CT (BDL)
Albany, NY (ALB)
Buffalo, NY (BUF)
Rochester, NY (ROC)
Portland, ME (PWM)
wxguy is offline  
Old Dec 13, 13, 12:38 pm
  #10  
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: PIT
Posts: 7,262
Flying through EWR tomorrow early afternoon [depart 145pm]. It seems the snow is not supposed to be disruptive in EWR until late afternoon or in the evening.
golfingboy is offline  
Old Dec 13, 13, 12:42 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 8,634
PV_Premier got his waiver!
mgcsinc is offline  
Old Dec 13, 13, 12:43 pm
  #12  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: DEN
Programs: UA MM 1K; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Posts: 15,451
Buffalo, Rochester, and Albany but not Syracuse??

Of course, those guys at Hancock know how to keep that airport going in the snow!!
Bonehead is offline  
Old Dec 13, 13, 12:44 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CLE
Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Plat
Posts: 976
Originally Posted by golfingboy View Post
Flying through EWR tomorrow early afternoon [depart 145pm]. It seems the snow is not supposed to be disruptive in EWR until late afternoon or in the evening.
Risky business... CLE and points south are going to start getting it late tonight, moving up from the southwest. If your aircraft is coming from, or swapped with, an a/c coming from an affected area, good luck! Once any delays start piling up at EWR on a Friday afternoon, you might as well settle in for the weekend!
Darlox is offline  
Old Dec 13, 13, 12:53 pm
  #14  
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: PIT
Posts: 7,262
Originally Posted by Darlox View Post
Risky business... CLE and points south are going to start getting it late tonight, moving up from the southwest. If your aircraft is coming from, or swapped with, an a/c coming from an affected area, good luck! Once any delays start piling up at EWR on a Friday afternoon, you might as well settle in for the weekend!
Aircraft is already in PIT [not sure why, but Republic does its maintenance here, so maybe they are doing some checks].

PIT will start getting the snow around 1am tonight, expecting 2-4 inches here.

Forecast snowfall for EWR is 2-4 inches as well, that is not a lot?
golfingboy is offline  
Old Dec 13, 13, 12:59 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTG, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 7,541
Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
Buffalo, Rochester, and Albany but not Syracuse??

Of course, those guys at Hancock know how to keep that airport going in the snow!!
Skipped over BTV too but included PWM (BTV has 6-10 inches predicted in the Winter Storm Watch)! Glad I'm not flying up there until next weekend
Duke787 is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: