Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Gold Track security access with companion?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2023, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Continental OnePass

I’m UA Gold and thus *G. I fly out of MAN a lot on non-UA Star Alliance flights and thus can use the Gold Track priority security lane.

Next time I am flying out with my wife who isn’t *G. Can we both use the priority security lane based on my status if we are on the same reservation?
Old Dec 27, 2023, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
if on the same PNR this 'should' work, but YMMV.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 6:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
If you scan your BP to enter the Gold Track lane, then your wife's BP might get rejected since she doesn't have *G coded into her BP. But there might be a staff nearby who can override the rejection when provided an explanation.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by dkc192
If you scan your BP to enter the Gold Track lane, then your wife's BP might get rejected since she doesn't have *G coded into her BP. But there might be a staff nearby who can override the rejection when provided an explanation.
“My wife and I are traveling together” should do the trick. It worked for me in Stockholm-Arlanda earlier this year when my non-*A family was traveling with me.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 7:56 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite (Lifetime Platinum), HHonors Gold
I’ve never flown out of MAN, but have done this several times out of LHR without a problem. When my non-*G wife is with me, I just make sure I use the staffed lane (as opposed to the automated gates), and, as stated upthread, just let them know she’s with me. I believe I’ve even done this a couple of times successfully with my son in tow as well.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 11:57 am

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
At Cdg, this only works about 50% of the time and it just be at the whim of the man who is manning the queue since he’s been the same person who has both denied or agreed to override for my traveling partner.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 11:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Depends on the airport. My companion was rejected at BCN, over my vigorous protests.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.